Menu
andymacsom
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stolen phone

Hi i'm on holiday in Cape Town and i've been burgled, laptop phone and two cameras plus lots more gone.

I've dealt with everything else, the problem is my phone it's pay monthly, sim only and doesn't get any service here, so its no use to the thief as it is, if i'd known I wouldn't have brought it.

When I get home do I have to get in touch with virgin to order a new sim, or can I go to the local virgin shop and pick one up using my own number, as I have another phone at home.

Thanks Andy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
andymacsom
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stolen phone

Thanks Alex don't have access to another phone though, was interested to know if I can go to a vm store to get a sim

thanks again Andy

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

I would recommend that you use another phone to call and report it stolen now: +447953 967 967

Virgin can then cancel that SIM and send you out a replacement so that it's waiting for you when you get home.

Hope that you manage to enjoy the remainder of your holiday Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
andymacsom
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Alex don't have access to another phone though, was interested to know if I can go to a vm store to get a sim

thanks again Andy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

was "Roaming" not active on your account so there's no possibility that the thief could use your Virgin Mobile SIM?

Technically it's possible to replace a SIM in-store and some stores might but generally I would advise you to contact customer services for a replacement SIM.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
andymacsom
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi ,  no Alex there was no service on the phone, you know when you arrive in Spain, a local carrier maybe Orange picks up your signal and your sorted, i was with EE for a long time and that always happened even in South Africa. I'm new with VM and this is the first time i've travelled since i signed, when we landed in Dubia no service and in S.A.the same.

I have to assume that they don't have an arrangement with other carriers.

Thanks Alex

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi andymacsom, 

I am so sorry to hear that you have been burgled, what an awful thing to happen! I am glad that you are ok though. 

@AlexKid is correct you can do this in most of the stores but I think in this case I would feel a lot better if I can deactivate that sim card for you now, just to be on the safer side. The last thing I would want to think of is that you have a huge bill on your return because it did start to work. 

so as a precaution and as long as you don’t mind, I will shortly send you a private message to get some account information from you and I can sort this out for you. 

To pick my message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner.

Chat soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos