Menu
ToniM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for iPhone 7...

It appears I'm not the only frustrated customer who is waiting for the delivery of an iPhone 7 plus! I ordered one on September 16th and was disappointed to be told that I'd have to wait until October 13th, after initially being told the new phones would be available within days.

On October 11th I received an email saying there would be a further delay and 'We are working to ensure your new iPhone will arrive as soon as possible and in any event within 1-2 weeks.'

On October 24th, 2 weeks later, having had no further emails and still no phone, I called customer services. After being unable to get a satisfactory answer I asked the man I spoke to if he could go to the department who sends them out and find out what the current situation was. He disappeared for a while, came back and said 50 would be arriving the following day and would be sent straight out. I asked him if I would receive one of these 50 phones but he didn't know. I asked him to go back, give them my details and ask. He disappeared again then came back and said I would and that I'd receive an email with a tracking link to Yodel. 

It's now October 27th and still nothing. No email. No phone. No accurate answers. What happened to those 50 phones and why didn't I receive one - or at the very least an email update? Very poor service Virgin. I've been with you for many years and am really disappointed that a company I previously respected, should show such a lack of respect to their loyal customers by failing to give them accurate updated information... 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still waiting for iPhone 7...

Hey ToniM

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with your iPhone 7 order. I've been able to locate your account but unfortunately am unable to shed any light on the situation. 

I'd recommend giving our team a call on 789 from any Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

I'd love to hear how you get on, if there is anything we can help with please let me know.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ToniM
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dave, if you read my post you'll see that I've spoken to customer services – on two occasions actually – and found their lack of accurate information very frustrating. Merely suggesting that I contact them again, when they obviously don't have the answers I'm looking for, is equally frustrating advice.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sadly the agents have no real idea of when stock is due, what specific models/colours or memory configurations, Virgin only contact you when it's ready to ship.

Pestering the staff sadly ( as I would be calling every damm day) achieves nothing positive, but some agents will tell you anything to get rid of you.

Now that sad and very damming, but the get calls every day from customers who's expectations have not been met.

Your choices are:

1 keep pestering and eventually your phone should arrive
2 call in one last time and cancel EE have stock in most options
3 call in and change you order to a different phone

My preference is option two, then one, three is not an option for me
0 Kudos