Menu
lanix
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sony sent back for repair

Hi,

My sons phone kept restarting randomly and then when it did start the wifi wouldn't connect. So we got in contact with VM mobile and they told us that the phone was under warranty and that we will be sent a return kit. We sent the phone back to the repair centre. 5 days later we are told that the phone is not under warranty and that the screen need replacing. If the phone wasn't under warranty then why did they send us out a return box?. If the person on the other end of the phone had told me that the phone was no longer under warranty, then i would have got the butchers in the local repair shop to try and fix it. We said nothing about the screen being broken, the screen was in perfect condition when it left here. If this was the problem then we would have said that on the repair form we filled out.

I have now been on hold for 1 hour and 11 mins so far waiting for a manager to talk to me. So i am now forced to the forums to try and get something moving so i get a working phone back.

0 Kudos
szaman81
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony sent back for repair

Ask Virgin to return your mobile with replaced screen as it was not broken when you posted the mobile. Once you have received the phone take it down to your local butcher shop to get the rest of the mobile to be repaired. If Virgin do not repair your screen contact your local MP.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lanix,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your son's mobile repair under warranty has been refused due to damage to the screen that is not covered by the warranty. Were you advised what the damage to the screen was found? Normally you would be told if this was a cracked screen or chip on the screen.

Please give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so that we can arrange to have the mobile returned to you.

If you disagree with the conclusion of our repair centre, you do have the option of seeking a second opinion from the manufacturer directly.

Our repair centre updates the handset manufacturer regarding any checks or repair done on the handset and this is tracked via the IMEI number on the mobile.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
lanix
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the phone here in front of me now as it's been returned to us. There is "NO" crack or chip on the screen. In fact the phone still has its pass coded that my son set and forgot to remove before we sent it for repair. So i'm wondering how the repair company have gained access to the phone.
We have been fobbed off with some lame excuse that the screen is the problem. I really don't now how many different ways i can say this but there isn't a problem with the screen.

Also to add that we were told that the speaker had dirt in it and that was part of the problem too...this is just getting better and better...
Truly awful service from virgin mobile. While i'm only one person and in the grand scale of things not worth much as a customer, it makes me feel better that all my virgin services, broadband, T.V and phones - three of them - are about to canceled after ten years plus.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lanix,

I appreciate that this is not an ideal situation in which you are understandably unhappy with the situation. We deeply value your relationship with us, and it’s important you know that we’re committed to providing you with the highest levels of service.

Any damage to the handset can result in an out of warranty repair outcome by the repair centre. Our repair centre has to follow the guidelines directly from the manufacturer.

Please go direct to the manufacturer for a second opinion as they are the only ones who can overrule this decision.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

are they really claiming that " dirt in the speaker" is preventing the wifi from working ???

it should be easy to settle in warranty or not question, just look up when you bought it.. is it less than 12 months old ?

if may be the case that the warranty does not cover some issues- that's often the case with warranties- the small print excludes the bits that actually break - but that's a separate issue. do you have a written warranty that you can read through?

take and post close up pictures of the screen to prove lack of damage to that.

0 Kudos