Menu
Djcoopdogg
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sim only upgrade to mobile contract

Hiya I feel like I'm being messed about when I first signed up for my sim only it was too build my credit and also the advisor said I could upgrade after 3 months to a mobile sim it went past 3 months I rang up they said they could offer me an iPhone 5 I said that not a phone I'm interested in I would like a 6s plus please the advisor said if I made 3 more payments that I could get that phone I've made 7 payments all together n now there saying I've got to up from a c2 too a c3 I feel like I'm gunna go in vicious circle for a while can anyone give me any advice  

0 Kudos
richardjames73
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim only upgrade to mobile contract

Are you on a 30 day rolling contract? If so ask for a PAC code and say you are getting the contract phone from another supplier. That may prompt them into upgrading you.. if not, you are under no obligation to use the PAC code and can continue your sim only contract...nothing to lose..
0 Kudos
Djcoopdogg
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah pal it's a 30 day rolling contract I'll try what u said I probably won't get anywhere with them
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Djcoopdogg,

Thanks for your post on the Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that we haven't been able to offer you a contract with the phone you prefer. 

Sometimes we're unable to offer you a mobile phone contract as we don't have enough payment history. If you're a current customer, we can only upgrade you to a contract with a phone if we have 3 clear Direct Debit payments (i.e. 3 months).

I must be clear though, that we can't guarantee to be able to offer you the contract with a phone after the 3 months has passed - but it is more likely we'll be able to with a clear payment history.

Give us a call so we can discuss this with you--just give us a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789 and we'll take a look for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Djcoopdogg
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hiya on the 3rd of December it would be 6 months off clear payments
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Djcoopdogg,

Thanks for posting back. Give us a call so that we can access your full account and check to see what offers are available for you. Bear in mind that new deals will be available in December, so the current offers may change.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Roses33
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

im currently on a 30 day sim only deal. Yesterday i upgraded online to a Iphone 7 for £36 today i looked online and the same package has gone down to £32.50, with that my phone was delivered. Ive immediately phoned virgin (1 hour and 40 mins later!) She advised they cant amend to £32.50 so i said cancel the upgrade and ill return phone and leave me on my current 30 day sim only. No they cant leave me on 30 day sim only as they no longer do so shes just put me on a 12 month sim only contract with out asking me then advises you can upgrade to a phone anytime and no penalties. Is this correct? I am seriously losing the will to live with the mobile call centre! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roses33,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear the price dropped just as you took our your upgrade out.

Yes you can return the handset to us within 14 days as mentioned here. After that you're free to take another handset whenever you want:-

"Money back guarantee: Our 14 day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee lets you exchange your joining pack or phone for a different one of the same value or get a full refund, less any airtime you’ve bought. Prepaid packaging will be provided to post it back".

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos