Menu
obcuz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim only tarriff change and 4G/3G question

Hi

I've a question about VM 'sim only', I am a VM customer and some years ago set up a sim only deal which still tallies at 300min/300 texts per month at a cost of £10.70 (ish), and have been satisfied with this and it has served me well, hardly ever overrun, however see now a tariff at £6 a month with a similar or better deal are available
I know it probably means changing numbers, and not a problem for me, but what do I have to do cancelling the old number, and is there something I'm missing that I should be aware of if I make this change >as I just can't see the point in paying £10+ when £6 gives me the same or better -it's virtually half the price!
Would I be a mug not to change?

Oh, and I am a phone numpty - if I have a new 4G sim, will it work in any phone?
Don't laugh but my mobile phone has a keypad. 
e.g. phones that are not equipped for 4G (obviously not on 4G though)  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim only tarriff change and 4G/3G question

Hi obcuz,

you won't need to change your number if you're already on a 30 day rolling SIM only deal. You should be able to just upgrade.

Log in to your Virgin Mobile account and select Plan and Device. See if the option to change your tariff to a new 4G one is there.

If so selecting a 4G tariff will automatically prompt a SIM replacement but this new SIM will still work in older phones (although obviously you're not going to get 4G).

Alternatively give the Team a call (free on 789 from your mobile) to discuss options available to you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
obcuz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt answer sir, much obliged

If I click on -4G upgrade tariff, I just get a message "Sorry, we don't have any available tariffs for you at the moment"

I don't see any other way to upgrade/downgrade within my account, (other than ordering a new sim) that's why I posted the original message.

Which doesn't make sense when VM are actively promoting the sim only 4G tariff ATM.

Perhaps best to give them a call, thanks for the advice all the same Alex.

Regards 

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've a feeling it could be due to system maintenance, try later in the week.
0 Kudos