Menu
claudiaw
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sim card hasn't arrived yet but already received a bill for January

Hi,

I've ordered a sim card on Sunday 29th of January. In the confirmation email it says the delivery is due to arrive Monday 30th January. It still hasn't arrived and the provided tracking number doesn't work. 

In the meantime I've received the first bill for the period until 29 January. Why do I need to pay the monthly fee for January if I haven't even received the sim card yet?

Thanks

Claudia

0 Kudos
a_ukboy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim card hasn't arrived yet but already received a bill for January

When you ordered did you pay for delivery? If so that one is the next working day, if you chose free delivery then that takes 5-7 Working days!
0 Kudos
claudiaw
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The main problem is not that the sim card hasn't arrived. I don't mind waiting.

The problem is that I got charged for the period until 29 of January (full month of January - full amount) even though I've only bought it that day and haven't even received the sim yet.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

claudiaw wrote:

The main problem is not that the sim card hasn't arrived. I don't mind waiting.

The problem is that I got charged for the period until 29 of January (full month of January - full amount) even though I've only bought it that day and haven't even received the sim yet.

Billing is done in advance, that is why.

+Add: In short, you will get a bill before you get the SIM (because of the above mentioned reason.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
claudiaw
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On the bill it says period UNTIL January 29. Also, what if I use mins/texts/data above my limit - they would need to charge me more so that wouldn't make sense either. I've never paid in advance for a mobile phone contract.

And even if this is for February - I haven't received the sim yet so why would I get charged for the full February?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

claudiaw wrote:

And even if this is for February - I haven't received the sim yet so why would I get charged for the full February?

Because that's how VM bill, in advance.  The first bill brings you into alignment with VM's billing system.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos