Menu
Dan2008
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sim Swap Micro To Nano

Hi,

Been with Virgin for years now, been trying all morning to get through to live chat as at this moment in time i am a bit hard of hearing to be able to phone up.

Basically i have a micro sim only deal, i'm looking to buy a new mobile phone but the new mobile phone takes a nano sim, so would it be possible to request a nano sim, keep my original number and the current tariff.

Hopefully someone on here can help me as i'm not having much luck on the live chat it just constantly sais it's busy.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sim Swap Micro To Nano

Dan2008 wrote:

Been with Virgin for years now, been trying all morning to get through to live chat as at this moment in time i am a bit hard of hearing to be able to phone up.

Basically i have a micro sim only deal, i'm looking to buy a new mobile phone but the new mobile phone takes a nano sim, so would it be possible to request a nano sim, keep my original number and the current tariff.

Yes you can get your current SIM replaced and you will stay exactly where you are contract etc wise. SIM swaps aren't done over the community, but if you're struggling with the web chat which is often very busy - pop into your local VM store and ask for the SIM swap. They'll give you a SIM which looks like a normal SIM, but has two pop out bits that allow it to be a Micro or Nano SIM also.

When using the web chat reload the page every 1-3 minutes and check again, you should eventually get a chat slot.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sim Swap Micro To Nano

Dan2008 wrote:

Yes you can get your current SIM replaced and you will stay exactly where you are contract etc wise. SIM swaps aren't done over the community, but if you're struggling with the web chat which is often very busy - pop into your local VM store and ask for the SIM swap. They'll give you a SIM which looks like a normal SIM, but has two pop out bits that allow it to be a Micro or Nano SIM also.

When using the web chat reload the page every 1-3 minutes and check again, you should eventually get a chat slot.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.