Menu
Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Should I stay or should I go?

Hi All

My contract is up in a few weeks so I've been looking round, I'm a little frustrated as if you click the upgrade option on the account page you have access to the rather underwhelming range of phones, some are so good they need a "free" tablet or speaker, but you don't get access to the range of sim only deals.

Now Sim only is probably the best bet for me as I would like the freedom to buy my own phone (probably a Motorola Moto G 3rd gen) but these options don't seem to be available, add in the lack of 4G data and I'm looking to leave at the moment, given the "deals" on the website the incentive to stay really is weak.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should I stay or should I go?

Hi Meteorological,

here you are: SIM Only Deals

I don't know whether you have Virgin broadband, TV or home phone. If you do you'll also get unlimited calls to other Virgin Mobile phones.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex

Yes we do have other VM services, we've been with them for years and have 3 phones, but when I can get Giff Gaff unlimited SIM only for £20 with 4g, I look at virgin mobile as not the best option anymore.

Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Having just spoken to the retentions department I think it will be adiós Virgin Mobile, not so long ago the retentions department was UK based and you could have a proper chat rather than a script "conversation" about your needs, sadly that too has gone and soon I will be as well, its been nice knowing you Virgin Mobile but GiffGaff with a £20 unlimited 4G sim only deal is far more appealing than anything you have to offer.

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

We're sorry to lose you Meteorolgical Smiley Sad

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to keep you on board.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Been a customer for a number of years, really disappointed in the range of phones and the phoney "free tablet" offers, the cost of the phones is also silly now.

The real problem is that you have no 4G, you have no unlimited data Sim only anymore, and the largest data sim only deal is more expensive than your competitors who err DO have 4G on a similar Virtual network.

It would have to be VERY cheap for me to stay, if I go then so does my sons phone too.

VM have lost interest in mobile, the recent statement from the CE that he'd welcome the 3/BT merger says it all, less competition = higher cost to consumers. 

0 Kudos
Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

This article says it all to me, in particular the Value for Money 2/5

Is Virgin Mobile any good?

0 Kudos
Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

14 Days until I hand my notice into VM, what are the chances of 4G by then?

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Meteorological wrote:

14 Days until I hand my notice into VM, what are the chances of 4G by then?

Slim to none.

If you are not happy then leave.

There are other companies who will be more than happy to provide you with their services, and you can switch from them once your contract is complete if they do not satisfy your needs.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yep you're right, I will be leaving and there are companies who will take my 2 contracts with no problem at all.

Sadly VM is simply not good value anymore, after many years of custom we're off.