Menu
maureenburgess
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Serious complaint

I have been a Virgin mobile customer since +- 2001...but this time my complaint is extremely serious.

I contracted pneumonia in March 2016 and then was admitted to hospital with heart failure. I am 68 this year and was back at home 10 days later recovering. since then VIRGIN mobile call centres have caused fraudulent activity on my bank account.. I have the fraud investigation number from the Philipines. Hours of time on the phone later this is still not resolved, all the call centre staff try really hard to  HELP but can only "escalate" the matter. This time to DEXTER the line manager of the day.

I also asked for a telephone to be reinstated that was lost in 2013 ..now my current phone is BLOCKED  requiring a PUK code ????

I need access to medical assistance and have no phone as my Virgin mobile is my only telephone. When I lost the said phone in 2013 The call centre operative in Johannesburg threatened to KILL me and my daughter as her name was my password. I reported it to VIRGIN and to the police. the police gave me a crime number then told me in was a civil matter ?...NOT very civil in my opinion ...a threat to be killed !!!!

I have posted on Facebook but to no avail ...if you hear of my untimely death you will know why.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
DuncanP
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Serious complaint

Has money been taken out from your bank account by VM?

How is the Philippines connected with your complaint?

How is Johannasburg connected with your complaint?

What are you asking for?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello maureenburgess, 

I'm really sorry to read through the post you've made, and we'd really like to investigate this further for you. 

I've sent you a private message in order to ask for some further information which will assist us further. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

awtowsey
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you contacted the fraud department for your bank for them to investigate. Reactivating an old phone  would not result in your current phone requiring a PUK code input and is easily resolved by contacting VM directly via phone or logging into your account online.

If you have had money taken from you fraudulently from the Philippines I doubt its been from VM but somebody attempting to appear to be from VM. And then one wonders how they have gotten your account details??? Perhaps you have been a victim of a scam in which case VM can do nothing for you.

0 Kudos
maureenburgess
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you know I have been in business most of my life and system analysis , publishing and running various companies ...I have indeed done All that is required of me. Tell me are you employed by VM ?
I am too ill to bother saying more to you KUDOS ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey maurrenburgess, sounds like you have had a bit of hassle getting to where you are now (understatement I know). These are community forums so anyone can reply to your post. May I suggest you ignore the rest and reply to Huw_B as he can actually do something for you..

Kind regards

Kippies

0 Kudos
maureenburgess
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I believe I explained all in my post...feeling too ill to explain more but thanks

0 Kudos
maureenburgess
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello thanks for your reply but HUW wants to the answer to questions I addressed in my post and was more than a little patronising...e.g. what is it I want ?

Answer...  the use of my phone service !

0 Kudos