Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 3 (126 Views)

Samsung S8 Pre-Order

Today's been a bit of a disappointment...

Pre-ordered the new Samsung S8 and was given a delivery date of today (20.04.17) between 7am and 9pm, organised someone to be at home to take delivery as instructed. Checked my account at lunchtime and saw that the order status was still sitting at 'Ordered - Awaiting Release', phoned up 789 to check it was indeed going to be delivered today and was told it would be likely between 1pm and 2pm.

Gets to 5pm and still nothing, phoned 789 again and was this time told that because of stock supply there was no guarantee when it would arrive. I'd receive an email to confirm dispatch but couldn't give any indication when that would be, "hopefully tomorrow". 

I'm now left with no new handset, no idea of a likely delivery date and therefore no way to plan for either myself or someone to be at home to sign for it. Appreciate that it's going to be a popular sale but if that's the case why say that it would be delivered today instead of just saying I'd receive an email when it was ready for dispatch?

Would appreciate if someone from Virgin was able to look into this for me.

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: Samsung S8 Pre-Order

Mainly a customer to customer forum with some input from Virgin, but usually takes a while for them to get round to answering.

Don't expect anything here in a hurry.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (68 Views)

Re: Samsung S8 Pre-Order

Hi just to let you know you are not alone. Same thing happened to me - sucks big time Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos