Menu
fixerman
Superfast
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I'm forced to leave Virgin

I have been a customer of Virginmedia/Mobile for many years but now I feel that I have no choice but to leave.

On the 7th of November I upgraded my mobile account to the new 4G tariff. I'm on a monthly tariff of £9 for 1GB of data. I now see that for a special "Black Friday" deal Virgin are doubling the data to 2GB on the same tariff. I called Virgin and requested to be placed on the same deal. I was told that no changes can be made to my tariff until Dec 4th. By then the double data deal will no longer be available. I spoke to retentions who confirmed that this deal was only available to new customers. I told them that I consider this policy to be discriminatory agains loyal, long standing customers. Therefore as a matter of principle I will be leaving at the earliest opportunity. I can get a very similar deal from other providers.

It is with a very heavy heart I have to say goodbye.

0 Kudos
richardjames73
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sadly I'm forced to leave Virgin

Doesnt sound right to me. I have just changed my tariff over to Double Data, and I am an existing customer. From the terms and conditions, under offers and extras

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html

Double Data offer: Offer available to new or existing customers taking a SIM Only plan or Freestyle plan on any phone.

Someone also posted on here that if you logon to your mobile account online, you can apply the double data promotion as an add on.

0 Kudos
fixerman
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I tried to do it on line but I was blocked from access to the change by this message,

"Sorry, we can't make any more changes to your tariff at the moment
This is because you've asked for a tariff change recently. If you've made a change and wish to cancel it, please call us on 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone or 0345 6000 789* from any other phone and we'll do our best to help. *Please note standard charges apply. Please check with your network operator for rates."

I then called up and asked that the existing change be cancelled but I was met with a refusal. I was told I can change it after Dec 4th but by then the double deal will no longer be available.

0 Kudos
richardjames73
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just reading this winds me up.. How can the staff and processes be backwards...you are on a 30 day rolling contract.. if they dont agree to giving you double data then you are right to leave, but I cant see how they can. Hopefully common sense will prevail and someone from Virgin mobile will put things right for you !!
0 Kudos
fixerman
Superfast
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your words of support. I really don't want to leave but I consider Virgin's response to be a slap in the face and I'm not standing for that. I'm so angry now that I'm tempted to go for the present Sky offer of a new 4K UHD TV if I go for their Sky TV. I spend over £100 pounds a month on Virgin services but that doesn't seem to matter to customer services. I'm fuming.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi fixerman, 

Sorry to hear you have been having problems changing your tariff. I have been looking into this a bit for you and was able to locate your account but I do need to pass some security before I go any further. 

I will send you a private message shortly so keep an eye on the purple envelope in the top right hand side and I will see what I can do for you 

Thank 

Mike 

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can see both sides of the issue here but my view is that a bit of goodwill from VM would go a long way here and also make good business sense in appeasing a loyal customer.

Hopefully that will be what Mike is after chasing up.

0 Kudos
fixerman
Superfast
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike for taking the time to address this issue.

I have forwarded the the details you requested. Hopefully you make some progress on my behalf. In the meantime I'm holding off making any final decisions about moving to another provider. I'm 71 years old and could do without this frustration.

I look forward to hearing from you.

John (fixerman)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I just wanted to get back to you to let you know that we are still looking into this. I've emailed our Mobile Team for an update and I'll be back in touch as soon as I have more information about this for you. Sorry for the delay in getting a response for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
fixerman
Superfast
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK! I'm off. I've lost faith in Virgin Mobile. Nobody has come back to me so I've just signed up with Plusnet Mobile for 2GB data 1000minutes and unlimited texts for £7.50.

I may be still around on the general Virginmedia Community Forum but not any more on the Mobile Forum.

I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

John (fixerman)