Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4 (123 Views)

Roaming

What is the point in Virgin sending everyone an SMS telling us roaming in the EU costs the same as in the UK, when the phone will not connect to data ? I have voice, I have SMS, but despite turning roaming on (phone and website) and overseas barring off, my phone will not connect to data here in Spain. Phoned the call centre, phone cut off half way thru call (not at my end !), two pounds wasted trying to solve a problem that shouldn't happen. Common Virgin, where's my roaming data ?

R

Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (82 Views)

Re: Roaming

Hi RobinAdrian,

Thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had using your mobile data whilst abroad. I can certainly understand the frustration. If the roaming service is active on your account and also the network there should be no reason why this isn't working.

I hope that this has been resolved since your post, however if you do require any further assistance, please just let us know. We'll be able to look into this further. 

Kind regards

Lucy

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4 (69 Views)

Still cannot connect to data services. The only provider I can connect to at all here in Spain for voice and text  is Orange: all others are blocked. My other mobile does not have this problem. Changing to O2 next month as Virgin seems unable to offer roaming. (Google "can't connect to roaming on Virgin" to see size of problem).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (47 Views)

Hi RobinAdrian,

Thanks for coming back to us although I'm sorry to hear you're still having this problem.

Following a network refresh this end I'd like you to please restart the handset at your earliest convenience. If it doesn't connect to a network automatically then please select one yourself.

If you want to use your data allowance abroad then you need to make sure data roaming is active on the handset itself. The basic instructions for doing this can be found here.

If your data still doesn't work then you just need to update the APN settings of the handset. You can enter them manually by looking here or you can select your handset from the list here and you'll get the update directly. These are the only things that would prevent you using your data abroad.

Hope this information helps. Please let me know how it all goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos