Menu
eaw287
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Roaming troubl

Hi, I am due to go on holiday to France next week, and I want to iron out some problems I have had with roaming in the past.

Last year, I travelled to France, and had no network coverage. This is despite activating roaming both on my device and in my online account.

Also last year, I spent 3 months travelling round Poland. In a bid to avoid a repeat of my lack of coverage, I phoned customer services before departure, who assured me that roaming was activated and there would therefore be no problems with coverage this time around.

When I arrived in Poland, surprise surprise, no coverage.This was especially frustrating as it was an extended stay, rather than simply a holiday.

So, before I leave the UK next week, I would like to try and make sure that I will have coverage this time. Any ideas how to resolve coverage issues, even when roaming is activated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming troubl

Hi eaw287

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your previous issues with roaming.

Apologies that we're only just responding to your post - is this something I can still offer some assistance with? 

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
eaw287
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming trouble

Hi Mark. Thanks for the reply.

Yes I'm still having issues. I'm in France at the moment. I can call and text but still have no data.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming trouble

Thanks eaw287

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with the data roaming.

Could you confirm if you've purchased a data pass? As you're within the EU, you'll need to use a data pass before the data service will work. They start at just 35p for 10MB to use within 30 days. More information and how to order here.

I've popped you a PM too (purple envelope, top right) to get some more details so I can ensure the Data Roaming service is fully provisioned for you. 

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos