Menu
baldev
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Restricted hidden practices by VM. Unlimited Virgin Mobile package inclusive minutes to 0870 numbers?

I had a unlimited sim only package for £12 in January 2016 where I can make inclusive free call to UK landine, Mobile numbers and 0845/0870 numbers etc.

It appears that last Tuesday, the VM suspended my mobile account without any notice at all whereby since that day I cannot make any calls and cannot receive calls.  This has caused lot of problems for me because I use the phone for work purposes as well.

The VM call centre said; my account suspended due to me dialing 0870 numbers too much.  Since January 2016, my usage of phone is same as now as it was in previous months.  My usage of calls to 0870 is less than the 2500 minutes per month and this is well below the current limit of Virgin mobiles new sim only contracts.

I have raised a compliant with VM and to date, no reply from the VM Complaint centre.  I do not receive a reply very soon and matter not resolved satisfactorily then I will take this compliant to OFCOM as VM seems to be engaging in restrictive hidden practices.

Has anyone else experience this issue from VM and do you know the email address of VM Complaint Team.

Thanks

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Restricted hidden practices by VM. Unlimited Virgin Mobile package inclusive minutes to 0870 numbers?

There is no email address only two contact points
1 call 0345 6000 789 as your mobile is disconnected
2 snail-mail to the "contact us" address from the link at the bottom of the page
0 Kudos
baldev
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Restricted hidden practices by VM. Unlimited Virgin Mobile package inclusive minutes to 0870 numbers?

Hi John

Thanks for the information.  I have already tried this.

Earlier today, I complained via the webchat complaint team and they confirmed that my mobile service will not resume again as I have done more than 2000 minutes per month for use of 0870 numbers which is clearly included in my current unlimited package as unlimited.

Complaint will now proceed to OFCOM after VM Senior Manager reviewed my complaint. 

It would appear that Virgin Media now has hidden agenda to reduce calls to 0870 numbers when previously is used to be unlimited in accordance fair usage policy.  

The Virgin Media website says that calls to 0870 numbers is unlimited or on new sim only contract included to certain limits, but behind the seen they applying restrictions on individual accounts and suspending without notice.

They basically saying to customers go elsewhere to another provider as customers who 0870 uses numbers are no longer welcome.

Virgin Media willing to have your money but not willing to provide a service paid for... 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't think you will get anywhere with Ofcom, they will just point you at CISAS which is VM's Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme of choice as documented in their complaints procedure:

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Restricted hidden practices by VM. Unlimited Virgin Mobile package inclusive minutes to 0870 ...

Hi baldev, 

Welcome to the community. My apologies you find yourself in this situation.  As you already have a complaint raised with the team then I suggest you continue to deal with them. You can speak to them on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or call 0345 6000 789. I have attached our Consumer Complaint Code of Practice for you to view

Link 

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

If you would also like some more information on why this may have happened then please click [Here] and take a look over the section titled 'Virgin Media Mobile Acceptable Use Policy Pay Monthly and Pay Monthly SIM Only' 

I hope this helps you and we are still here if you need anything else. 

Many Thanks 

Mike

0 Kudos