Menu
Lyndsey211
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Rejected for upgrade

So last week i call up to see if i could pay off my mobile finance and get a early up grade! The lady said this was fine on the phone for 20 mins getting put through to mobile finance paying the bill off to be redirected back thr to the upgrade team. After 15mins of them checking my tarrif i told the lady i did not want to change my tarrif she said ok. Then to be told the s7 edge was out of stock, to call back monday.
So called back today on the phone for 30 mins to be told the s7 was in stock.. to also be told that i had to change my tarrif i can not keep the tarrif i am no. But i was told on thurday i could !!
Was them told i had to change to 5000mins and a 5gb tarrif instead of my unlimited mins/ unlim data!! ((both said comp diff things on phone, clearly no what they are talking about))
I had 3 monthly sim deals which i have had for over 2 years my mobile finance i would have 2 years this march coming if i didnt pay it off early on thurs for to get an early upgrade..so the guy said i did not pass the credit check!! ((When my credit is now higher than it was when i originally got my mobile contract , alot higher)) how can this be possible. Was told to try again in 6months guy also said i had to take £5 insurance due to it being a expensive mobile surely this is not correct, as the lady in the thursday offered me it and i td her i had my own insurance she sais that was fine.. I could of just paid my cotract monthly over that time instead of paying it of early. Waste of time.
I am now looking at other contract deals and will hopefully fine one over the next few days ..
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
defected_sound
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Rejected for upgrade

So they lied to you about the credit check as well. Well now all of a sudden they want to offer me an upgrade...only a few days ago they refused. They are a complete joke! If it wasn't for me doing my own checks I would of thought their was an issue with my credit, when all along their was nothing.

All Replies
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In all of this you have fallen foul of Virgin's now infamous credit check. It is a common tale on this forum.

You have two options, either spend your time and energy fighting the decision or use a fraction of that energy going into a shop owned by one of the other networks. If you are happy with the signal on Virgin then, you might want to know that Virgin use EE

Lyndsey211
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No im not fightening with them at all..
Defo looking at a new networks ..
Thanks 😃
0 Kudos
defected_sound
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Lyndsey211,

Did you sort something out?

I had the same issue with them last week, failed a credit check and blamed the checking company. I called the company and they had no trail of any check done by VM...in fact no credit check in my name for the last 11 months! Also when I complained about it I was also told that the lady I spoke to on the phone to upgrade should of raised my internal credit level and it would of actually let me be upgraded. 

VM mobile  CS a complete joke! I am currently going through complaints process about it. They not getting off that lightly.

0 Kudos
Lyndsey211
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, im not taking another contract with them. I just got one paid in full.. as was only taking contract to build up a credit rating as dont have any credit except a credit card. ..
Although i checked my credit rating on all 3 top credit agencies and ive had no credit check done with virgin media the last check ive had with them is when i took my old contract out!! So my guess no credit check was done but they all me to have 4 monthly sims in my name which is paid every month and my mobile was paid on time each month.. they are a joke..

0 Kudos
defected_sound
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So they lied to you about the credit check as well. Well now all of a sudden they want to offer me an upgrade...only a few days ago they refused. They are a complete joke! If it wasn't for me doing my own checks I would of thought their was an issue with my credit, when all along their was nothing.

enlli
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It appears that the credit checks are internal to their underwriters. Loads of people been on here and found no credit searches on file. Many have gone on to get a contract elsewhere with no problem. 

Lyndsey211
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah looks like it.. ive defo not had one done..so god knows what they are up to.
0 Kudos
defected_sound
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Their underwriters are just as much of a joke. When I spoke to them they guy backed up what the Philippians call centre said. Then after me trying to appeal to his logic he put me on hold and came back and agreed with me! THEN said that I should of had an offer of a C3 upgrade BEFORE the upgrade was requested.

0 Kudos