Menu
mario1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Refused Credit on Two Mobiles.

So this is how you do business!!! we have been with virgin mobile for about 15 years, late last year virgin mobile refused us credit when we wanted to get new phones as our contract had finished this is my wife and I we have three mobiles with VM I got my new phone earlier that year so they gave me credit then.

Well anyway you can imagine how I felt, I don't think we ever defaulted on our payments in that time, all payments went through by direct debit as the norm.

So loyalty seems to count for nothing, you would think looking at there own records we were good for credit it seems not. So now they have lost about £60.00 a month and extras on top which would be about £50.00.

I rang VM and asked why they had refused me credit and they said I had to ring this agency up and get details, I thought I don't need this boll__ks I'm really trying to keep this clean I want make sure the moderator keeps this on the forum.

I also have virgin media and broadband, so perhaps don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I came to this forum and read all of the problems people were having I needed answers it really did not help it just frustrated me more, but I felt for all the other people who had the same/similar problem.

So I waited for a few months and still they are charging me full amount for a phone I have already paid for.

January 2017 approached another network got credit straight away but I got SIM only, got a great deal for 2 mobiles main reason is, I would rather just buy a new mobile now.

So don't despair just go to another network!!!

PS. I would love this letter/complaint to be seen by CEO of Virgin Mobile.

Signing off

Paul Young

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Refused Credit on Two Mobiles.

Hi mario1234

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your handset upgrade.

Whenever we set you up with a new deal, we do need to run an external credit check which we use in addition to your payment history with us in order to make a decision on whether we can offer you the new deal. This is part of our commitment to lend responsibly.

We'd always recommend checking your credit file as a simple mistake on their or an address mismatch can affect an application, however we can refer an application to the underwriting team should you feel it really doesn't make sense.

It sounds like you've now taken up a new deal with another provider, so I'm really sorry if it's come to that.

If there is any further assistance we can offer though, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Many thanks 

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mario1234

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your handset upgrade.

Whenever we set you up with a new deal, we do need to run an external credit check which we use in addition to your payment history with us in order to make a decision on whether we can offer you the new deal. This is part of our commitment to lend responsibly.

We'd always recommend checking your credit file as a simple mistake on their or an address mismatch can affect an application, however we can refer an application to the underwriting team should you feel it really doesn't make sense.

It sounds like you've now taken up a new deal with another provider, so I'm really sorry if it's come to that.

If there is any further assistance we can offer though, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Many thanks 

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
rls2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have just experienced the same thing and am VERY frustrated. I did a credit check through Equifax, the company that Virgin use for their credit checks, and it came back as excellent and with the statement that I would be 'a strong candidate for credit'. So what is going on? I've been a Virgin customer for years and have never, ever had a problem and now suddenly I can't upgrade my phone.

Can someone tell me please how I can refer an application to the underwriting team as referred to in a recent comment and how long this will take? I was hassled for weeks about upgrading my phone but wasn't ready to do it then, and now I do want to do it, I can't, 

Hopefully I'll get a speedy response so that this ridiculous situation can be resolved.

0 Kudos
Lainey01
Just joined
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refused Credit

This happened to my mother also.  She had 2 handsets and was hassled to upgrade, but as its her and I that use them she wanted to wait till ! decided what phone I wanted. 

When we ready to upgrade she called and like many older women she often takes a year or two off her age and she got confused (LOL) and gave them the wrong year (she deducted a year), she then corrected it but was told they couldn't do that even when she explained that she made an error, all in same breath.....so now she only has 1 mobile with them and as its an unlimited package she wont upgrade the phone to avoid the issue and has just bought herself a new handset.  I went with a completely different company and cannot fault them.  I personally wont ever use virgin mobile due to principles.

My mother has been a customer since it was Telewest and had never had any problem, moved house etc all without issue and upgraded etc.  Ive been telling her that she would get a better package with another service provider but she is not sure. Its often off due to "kids cutting wire" they claim and she puts up with it all and continues to pay.   They have no loyalty to long long term customers and the customer service is often a joke.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rls2,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced a problem with your credit report that's preventing you from being able to upgrade your phone.

You can get in touch with the Consumer Underwriting Services on the following email addresses: consumerunderwritingservices@virginmedia.co.uk

Or by writing in to:

Consumer Underwriting
Virgin Media
Eagle Court 3
Coventry Road
Sheldon
Birmingham
B26 3RZ

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refused Credit

Hi Lainey01,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that your mother has had a poor experience getting her phone upgraded.

If she changes her mind about this, please have her give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so we can look into this. Please bear in mind that we take account security very seriously and if data protection is not cleared on the phone, we will not be able to process an upgrade.

Also, if your mother's Virgin Media services are down often, this is something that needs to be investigated further, so if you would like for us to look into this, let me know, I'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos