Menu
rrdave
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Redress for faulty Sony xperia ZA

I sent my Sony Xperia ZA back for repair as the ear speaker failed. Phone is 6 months old into an 18 month contract.  Phone came back but ear speaker working but sound quality very poor.

Rang up and was told to send the phone back for second repair, which meant I would be without phone again.  I said that the phone was not fit for purpose and under the sale of goods act requested that I got my money back or a new replacement.   After about 6 phone calls to 789 and promises to ring back, I went to the Virgin Mobile store in Derby where I bought the phone. Completely unhelpful and was told that the only guarantee that Virgin Mobile offered was the Manufacturer's (Sony) warrantee and that Virgin Mobile did not accept that the Sale Of Goods Act applied. The Virgin Media store only sold phones but was 'not a repair centre'.  The only offer of help was to use their phone to ring 789.

Has anyone challenged Virgin Media over its policy re the sale of Goods Act

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Redress for faulty Sony xperia ZA

rrdave wrote:

Has anyone challenged Virgin Media over its policy re the sale of Goods Act

Referring specifically to that question, not the rest of your issue (look round the forum if you reckon you are alone in finding Virgin Mobiles repair service less than satisfactory)

Sale of Goods act was replaced in 2015, with the Consumer Rights Act.

That gives you a maximum of 30 days from purchase to reject goods on an "unfit for purpose" basis.

You have limited options, have you tried contacting the manufacturer directly and trying to RMA it?

0 Kudos