Menu
emsklyn
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Putting limit on calls etc

My son has a phone for the first time. We have set up the tariff with 250 mins calls and 250 MB data. Is it possible to set it so that he cannot keep calling or using web once limits are reached? We had an issue last month when he had texted a music channel to vote for a song unaware that it was logging up a fee everytime. We have set the Parental controls but that seems to be for Premium calls not texts. I want him to have to stick to whats paid for and be unable to go outside of this. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Putting limit on calls etc

Hi emsklyn,

Please see your original post here: Use current sim in old iphone. Please respond to this post.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Les01889
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'd also be very interested if this can be done. I'd like to cap the data usage on my son's phone. When I took the contract out it was "implied" that caps could be put on usage but all enquiries I've made to virgin since have come back saying it isn't possible.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Les01889 wrote:

I'd also be very interested if this can be done. I'd like to cap the data usage on my son's phone. When I took the contract out it was "implied" that caps could be put on usage but all enquiries I've made to virgin since have come back saying it isn't possible.

Hi Les01889,

Virgin don't cap mobile data. If you / your son continue to access it once the tariff limit has been reached you'll be charged the daily rate of £2.

It may be possible to put a restriction in the settings on the device (it certainly is on my Android phone).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos