Menu
jasonbest85
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Proof of barring and IMEI number

Hi there,

I lost my phone a couple of weekends ago. I barred it that day through the online portal via virgin media website.

My insurance company is now asking for proof of barring, but I never got an email or anything.

How do I go about getting this? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Jason

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of barring and IMEI number

Hi jasonbest85,

Sorry to hear that you have lost your handset. Sorry for the delay in responding to your post.

Checking this for you, I can see that you have called in and we have now sent you a letter with the requested confirmation details enclosed.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jasonbest85
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

I've only had proof of purchase sent through.

When I called, I was told I couldn't get proof of barring? Is this something you can help with?

Thanks
Jason
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry that you haven't had confirmation that your lost phone has been blacklisted. Normally we only send proof of purchase details and the insurance company is able to check for blacklisting via your IMEI number. 

I can check into this for you, but I'll need to verify your details. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos