Menu
emanal
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Proof of Usage for Insurance

Hi,

I have recently broken my phone (iPhone 5) and need a proof of usage from Virgin in order to put a claim through my insurance. When I phoned to ask about this I was told very rudely by the customer service representative that since I did not purchase the phone from Virgin they could not help me and could only provide me with a previous bill, which is not good enough. They then told me to email and hung up.

I am writing on this board as an attempt to get this proof of usage, which should not be difficult since I have been a loyal customer of Virgin for over 5 years!

Please can anyone help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of Usage for Insurance

Hi emanal

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to hear regarding the damage to your iPhone 5 and subsequent experience you have had since.

We can supply a proof of purchase document to support claims for handsets purchased through Virgin Media.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide any proof of usage documentation aside from your bills, but these will not contain any details about the handset.

Is there anything else we can supply that would support your claim?

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
emanal
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

For other networks they have no problem supplying a document stating the imei number of the phone and the period of usage it has been used for with the network. Why can't you provide this? It seems to be a fairly standard thing.

A bill isn't adequate as it does not include an imei number!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey emanal, 

Thank you for replying back, the only thing we can advise for proof of usage would be checking the bills, which you can access more than one of these from your online account.

I understand this doesn’t indicate which IMEI number was used alongside the usage information, but we don’t have anything else that we can send out that would show this together if the equipment isn’t our own. 

I am sorry about this, 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos