Menu
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Possible Gremlin in Mobile My Account

Hi 

I have a rolling monthly sim only Virgin Media  Starter Account

On the My Account page there is a green flash saying I am entitled to an upgrade.

The page also says you are out of contract and entitled to an upgrade.

Upgrade of what? I used to get rewards and could set that against a new handset but, as I've been told, SIM only aren't entitled to rewards. Is there some discount available because I can't find it. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Gremlin in Mobile My Account

hi Sappermajor

Thanks for letting us know the My Account page is causing some confusion with regards to your possible upgrade options and my apologies for this.

If there are any options available and no further details other than this message are available online then it would be great if you could give the teams a call to find out what this is as we are unable to discuss packages via the forums for security reasons.

You can contact them for free on 789 from your Virgin Mobile, or alternatively from 0345 6000 789 on any other line.

Please let us know how you got on with this and if there's anything else we can look at for you.

Many thanks

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Gremlin in Mobile My Account

Thanks Karen A

I still think it is misleading and therefore a gremlin * because the Upgrade offered is to change the basis of the account from rolling monthly to a fixed term contract which loss of flexibility I would call a downgrade.

However the nice man I phoned offered to increase my minutes for the same monthly charge so it was worth the call.

* Based on phone calls and texts, I think each month the software signals your sales force that a contract has expired and triggers them to ring me up. Which is a waste of time for both VM as well as yours truely.

N

0 Kudos