Menu
djatkinson
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ported number not being recognised as Virgin Mobile number

I have recently ported my number to Virgin Mobile (17/01/2017) after the fiasco with PlusNet and their lack of data for a week. Everything seems to be working fine except the 'old' temporary VM number is still showing in My Account (along with a message saying I'm over my data allowance) and the VM iPhone App won't connect and show my my remaining allowances.

With regards to the app, I've tried un-installing and re-installing and connecting via 3/4G but this still does not work.

I spoke with Customer Services the other day who could not find my account from the ported number (they did a post code search) and after being on hold a while for them to speak with the 'Tech' team, they deleted my online account and set it back up again.

However, this has still not solved the issue - I still see the 'old' VM number on My Account and the iPhone App still does not connect.

I assume it's all interlinked - although everything works from a data/calls/texts point of view, my ported number hasn't updated correctly on the VM system.

HELP!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ported number not being recognised as Virgin Mobile number

Hi djatkinson,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your number port and your online account registering the correct number and allowance details. Has this been sorted out for you?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll check into this for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

djatkinson
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorted now thanks. The second call resulted in the agent checking the port and it was still showing as 'Waiting', even though I had all services. Raised an IT ticket for me and all now resolved
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi djatkinson,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that this has been sorted out for you now. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Take care,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos