Menu
Gurslad
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone not on system

Wow, this is great.Had been with Virgin Mobile for years, and updated every time the contract finished. I update last week to a Samsung S6 32 gb, but after setting it up I found it was faulty. I rang last Monday 17th and told them everything, I was told they would send a bag so that it could be sent back. I told the agent I had changed my mind about the phone and wanted to change it to a iPhone 6, the lady? said they had no iPhone 6 's and didn't sell them. I pointed out that I was on the Virgin Phones page and it said that the iPhone 6 was in stock, she then asked me if I could operate this phone as its more difficult than the Samsung!, I pointed out that most members of my family had iPhones and I was not that thick.She wanted me to have a replacement Samsung, I said no. Off she goes and said I had to sent this Samsung back then reorder the iPhone and that I had to start the order again(credit check etc). I've just got on to them asking about the return and they told me it would be 5 days for the jiffy to arrive, I told him that my update return would be nearing the 14 day return but he said it would be ok.

He asked anything else I asked about unlocking this phone I have now, he said it was £15+(can't remember the price he said). I said on the Mobile Forum we were told that the unlocking fee was finished but he said no, but as I was having problems he would drop the fee. I told him the phone I had and told him everything about the phone but he said there was no trace of that phone on the system, he said go to the firm that you bought it from!. I told him it was a phone I had from Virgin online as I've done for 10-15 years, I also told him I was looking at the account online as we spoke. Off he goes comes back and says that he had filled a file out to trace that phone so that it could be unlocked, he says it could up to 30 days. I'm now going to a dark room to lie down.

Jim

My wife just said if there is no phone or account with that phone on the system why am I paying for nothing monthly?.

0 Kudos
Gurslad
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not on system

Update, still waiting for the jiffy bag to return the phone. The person I spoke to a couple of days after receiving the phone said she would send a jiffy bag, 4 days after I spoke to her I rang again and found the first person had done nothing. He said he would arrange a jiffy bag which would arrive on the Friday and if any problems give them a ring, I waited until last Saturday and nothing arrived. I rang the thinking of leaving people, and guess what nothing had been done to my account. The lady I spoke to said she would check my account and get back to me on Wednesday 26 October, she did ring me and thats when I found out nothing had been done.I told her I had the 14 day return but she said she would stop that and give me extended time. Got an message today to say that the jiffy had been despatched and to give it 2 days to get to me, I also found out that I had to take the phone to a post office, I rang today to tell them that I was disabled and would have trouble going to the post office as the nearest was about 3 miles away. He said well find someone to take it.

I had the 4 people I had spoken to asking about unlocking my old mobile, one said it was £15.32 and I told her on the forum it was free she said no, I asked the man I spoke to and as I said on the last topic said my phone was not registered with Virgin and that I had to take it to the shop I bought it from, once again I got it from Virgin online as I did the other phones I've had over the years, he then said he would tell them not to charge for the unlocking.I asked the man I talked to today about unlocking it and he said Virgin did not unlock phones and I had to get on to Samsung for them unlock it, I said that's different to what it says on the Virgin forum, off he goes and comes back and told me that the phone would not be locked as it was a new mobile (2 years I've had it), so trying to get anothercompany sim card to try it.

One last thing I told him to cancel my update and I would not have another phone and use the one I've got until it runs out in December, it said ok and they would cancel the update when the phone is returned. Waiting to see if the lady I spoke to on Wednesday rings me tomorrow as she said she would.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gurslad,

Sorry to hear that you have had such a difficult time getting a return bag for your phone. Have you received the jiffy bag yet? Please let me know so that I can look into this if it hasn't been delivered.

I apologise about the differing information you have received from us about unlocking your old Virgin Mobile handset. Unlock codes can only be requested for Virgin Media Equipment. If the customer has a 3rd Party handset, they will need to speak to the provider of the handset to request the unlock code.

For Pay Monthly (PAYM) and SIM Only (SIMO) customers, there is no charge for unlocking the handset regardless of how long the customer has had service with us.

For Pay As You Go (PAYG) customers, there are a few extra checks we need to complete:

• If the handset is listed on the account and was purchased more than 12 months ago, the code is free.
  • If less than 12 months they will need to pay the £15.32 charge.

If the equipment is not listed on the account (it might have been bought through a 3rd party retailer) the following applies.

• How long has the customer had the handset? If more than 12 months the unlock code is free.
  • If the customer has been with Virgin less than 12 months, the £15.32 charge applies.
  • If the customer has been with Virgin more than 12 months, the unlock code is free of charge

So if you have been a Virgin Mobile customer for longer than 12 months, and from your post, it looks like you have been with us for quite a few years, there will not be a charge for unlocking your old Virgin Mobile handset.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Gurslad
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri_P

The jiffy arrived 12 days after I asked for it, the phone has been returned. After all the messing around I'm just on the Sim only contract on the phone I've have for 2 years. The phone concerned is not showing on the system,I had this phone from Virgin Mobile online as I have all the other phones over the years. Not from anyone else.The phone showing is the phone I had in 2012, I updated to the phone I have now in 2014.

I've asked many times over the last 3 weeks to unlock them and been told as I posted before, both phones are phones I got straight from you and would like to unlock them.As I posted before I'm using the recent one(2014-2016) now and the other phone is in a drawer.Both on the Pay Monthy contract.

Regards

Jim aka Gurslad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that the jiffy bag finally turned up. I'm sorry that it took so long to get this out to you.

Let me check on the phone unlock for you and see if we can get this processed for you. I'll need to take more details first, so I'll send you a private message. Just click the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos