Menu
Theduke1976
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone Damaged while in service centre

Hi All,
My Samsung S6, started playing up by switching between split screen on its own accord? I spoke with technical department who adviced me to carry out soft and hard resets, which I done, and neither worked?!? I sent the phone away to the repair centre for Investigation, I received the text/Email to say its arrived safely and it would take a couple of days to Investigate it...
Two days later, I logged into my account to see if there was an update? Upon looking, it said 'Current status - OOW'?
I called up and was told my phone was Out Of Warranty! Its only a few months old, I questioned why? and was told it would cost £264.00 to repair the phone??? Due to there being damage to either the back cover, charging port or Sim tray area?
I replied "WHAT DAMAGE?" It was sent in for a Soft/Hardware fault! The call handler couldn't even clarify what was actually wrong with my phone, then half an hour later, the repair status goes to 'BER' Beyond Economical Repair...
Ive contacted numerous people in Customer Services, CEO, and complaints handling team, only to be told that the 'Service Department' have reported that my phone has damage on the phone next to the SIM tray port, as there is damage on the phone, its classed as 'Out Of Warranty', and that the service department have the final say!!

My phone was sent in perfect Physical order, NO DAMAGE what so ever!! Virgin suggested that I could claim MY house or Bank Insurance, why the hell should I! They even suggested Claiming Royal Mail, but the packaging sent to the service centre would be long gone now.

Has anybody else had any issues with Virgin Service Centre?
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ou Re: Phone Damaged while in service centre

Yours is the 5th post on this subject this week, I'm afraid. Have a search round in some recent threads

0 Kudos
Theduke1976
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: ou Re: Phone Damaged while in service centre

Hi enlli,

Ive had a look and it seems that there is an ongoing issue with the Service Centre! A lot of people are saying something like my issue, all with different repair costs?
I've never once been given a break down of cost(s)...
My account went to a 'Dead Lock' letter being issued, which it hasnt arrived yet?? 3 weeks later??

Virgin Mobile is utter pish now, as soon as my contract is finished... Goodbye Virgin Mobile.

0 Kudos
deniseKillen99
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My Samsung S5 Neo was in the service centre for repair.  I had a phone call from a technician and he couldn't find a fault, but we decided that I'd do a factory reset and gradually introduce apps slowly until the fault occurred and take it from there.

But when my phone came back, the letter said that the fault had been found and it was fixed - contrary to what the technician said.

So I rang Virgin to find out what this problem was and no one could answer me.

I understand that the service centre is an outsource company, not actually owned by Virgin.

0 Kudos
Theduke1976
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've never had the phone call to actually say what was wrong? Only it would cost £264 to fix the phone, due to damage on the casing! "WHAT DAMAGE?"

The service centre has the FINAL WORD on what is decided, I sent my phone in perfect physical order, no damage what so ever!!!
The damage looks like it has been dropped, so somebody has dropped the phone and tries to pin the damage on the customer... ********!

This is why I'm raging with Virgin Mobile, and the service centre, as the first reply said 'There's 5 more posts relating to my question'

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Theduke1976,

I'm sorry to hear that your phone repair has been rejected by our repair centre due to damage on the handset. 

Checking into this for you, I can see that your complaint has been fully reviewed and investigated and is still showing in progress. A member of the Mobile Complaints Team will be in contact with you regarding your formal complaint. For direct updates regarding your complaint, please contact us on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone).

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Theduke1976
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Many thanks for looking in to my complaint!, I'm sure you would have seen this saga has been going on now for some time!

I have spoke with 2 senior managers in the complaints team, who have both said that a 'Dead Lock' letter would be issued, I've been waiting for 3 weeks now for this letter to arrive?? Having been told it would arrive with me in 3-5 working days!!
So that I'm able to take it to Cisas to escalate my complaint further...

This complaint first started on 25th August 2016, so its now being going on for 53 DAYS!! It's well over the 28 days, as per the terms and conditions on Virgin Mobile.

I won't hold my breath in waiting on someone phoning me or waiting for my 'Dead Lock' letter to arrive.

Regards,

The Duke1976
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Theduke1976,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry that you still have not received the deadlock letter. I'm not able to access your open complaint, so I've acquired the help of one of our Mobile Tech managers to check into this to see what we can do. 

I have escalated this now and I will be back in touch with you as soon as I receive a response to the escalation.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Theduke1976
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

I spoke with customer services yesterday (AGAIN!), only to be told the 'Dead Lock' letter hasn't been processed fully???? and that a manager was pulling all conversation tapes that I've had with whoever, was going to review them and take action that is required! I was to wait 7-10 days from my last conversation (11th October), and see if it arrives then, wait and see IF IT ARRIVES! which will be the 20th October, exactly 8 weeks to the date, I first raised my complaint!!

CISAS guidelines are give your provider 8 weeks to fix or issue a 'Dead Lock' or 'Final Response' letter to my complaint.

Virgin Mobile have failed me in customer service again, as its now been raised to yet another manager to now review all conversations taken and take what action is required!!!! Every time I call Virgin Mobile, its been escalated to someone else to deal with it, no one seems to take ownership of anything, it seems to me that Virgin Mobile hope the complaint will drop away and be forgotten about! Not in my case, as I have a 3 month old phone that is faulty, out of warranty, Beyond Economical Repair, was damaged in the service repair centre, and I'm still paying for a phone that doesnt work!!
Grrrrrrrr.
0 Kudos