Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3 (52 Views)

Phantom SIM Order

I received an email today entitled "Your order's on its way!". Although it contained valid personal details my initial thought was that it must be some sort of scan, so I logged on to my account and sure enough there's an order for a new SIM!

The order details contain "Customer service (phone) 18/05/2017 02:05:00". Needless to say I know nothing about that call. What's going on here? What do I do with the new SIM when it arrives (there's no option the cancel the order - it claims it's already dispatched).

--
Ian Box
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (44 Views)

Re: Phantom SIM Order

Hi constvoid,

are you a Pay Monthly customer on an old 3G tariff?

Virgin Mobile are in the process of replacing all old SIM cards with new 4G capable ones.

Only customer services could confirm this is what is happening here but I would guess this to be the case.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3 (34 Views)

Re: Phantom SIM Order

Thanks AlexKid. Yes I am on a pay monthly SIM only contract. I haven't pursued getting a 4G SIM as my phone is not 4G capable. I suspect you may be right about this being driven by a Virgin Mobile 4G upgrade programme, but it would have been good to have received some prior warning, rather than just get the 'order on its way' email.

--
Ian Box
0 Kudos