Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pay Monthly Sim Only 4G Tariff Plan - VM to VM free calls

I have been informed by Virgin Mobile staff that Virgin Mobile are trying to phase out the free calls between virgin mobiles, yet when I look at the Virgin site I can see that there are two options, one being that you have TV and BB already, and the other that you don't, but right next to the yes I do there is an arrow that points to Free Virgin to Virgin calls, so my question, is the free Virgin to Virgin calls on a Pay Monthly Sim Only tariff plan no more, if it still exists then how do I go about getting the free calls to Virgin Mobiles again by keeping the same tariff?

I was informed in error to text my landline number to 789444 and that would tell Virgin that I reside in a home that has Virgin Media services, unfortunately this texting facility is for Pay As You Go only which is no good as I am on Pay Monthly.

This thread is open to all of course so please post any replies, I would dearly like to hear the views of any Virgin staff too.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay Monthly Sim Only 4G Tariff Plan - VM to VM free calls

I called them again, and I have been told that my Virgin Mobile account has been verified that I should receive free calls to Virgin Mobiles.

As I can't see anything on my account that confirms this I can only wait and see what happens the next time I call a Virgin Mobile.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperclip,

in a previous post you stated that the Virgin Media account is not in your name, is this correct?

Yet they have still offered you the free unlimited VM to VM calls.

I'm just trying to establish Virgin's ruling on this because I remember reading a post by someone else on here who had been refused these free VM to VM calls as they were not the account holder (although they lived in the same house).

AlexKid :-)

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

Hi paperclip,

in a previous post you stated that the Virgin Media account is not in your name, is this correct?

Yet they have still offered you the free unlimited VM to VM calls.

I'm just trying to establish Virgin's ruling on this because I remember reading a post by someone else on here who had been refused these free VM to VM calls as they were not the account holder (although they lived in the same house).

AlexKid :-)

Yeah, I have been through all this with them, a guy there said to me that surely for example if a family that has BB and TV with Virgin and their children each have a mobile also with Virgin, surely they allow the children to have free mobile calls as they are in the same house, they all can't have Virgin Media accounts is what he and I were saying, so it has to go on the address rather than name, and if you can prove like me that you stay in that Virgin address then it should be no problem.

paperclip
Rising star
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It'll be very interesting to find out if the info I read on this site link on previous post is still showing, strange how the site is down for maintenance, time will tell.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I just can't understand why when I call another Virgin Mobile that my minutes decrease especially as I am on the Sim Only Pay Monthly 4G Mobile Account.

I called Virgin Mobile this evening and they are passing this issue to technical support, the lady said she would call me back tomorrow evening, I really hope she does.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I got it finally fixed, it was due to an agent error who didn't tick a box when she upgraded my tariff, thankfully it has now been fixed. This will help too for the voicemail minutes issue obviously.

I only wish that certain offshore agents in the Philippines would give out correct information rather than spout out incorrect info, thankfully the last lady knew exactly what I was talking about and passed me on to someone in IT that called be back, so sad it has taken me loads of calls to get this all sorted though.

Thanks to all who have helped me get this fixed including Ben.

0 Kudos