Menu
PhilPavitt
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PAYG costs

Hi - am new to paygo =. I top up each month around £10 on my Samsung. I am a low user only use really for calls and texts. I am being charged £1 per day for data when I am not downloading any content. If my data is turned on am I paying just to link in with my wi-fi even if  a not using data. Presumably as soon as I turn on my phone it automaticaly links to the internet, can this be avoided and thus keep costs down by turning off the data roaming in the settings. Thanks for any help with this - maybe a bog standard phone would be better rather than a smart phone!! Cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAYG costs

Hi PhilPavitt,

you don't say what device you are using.

Generally with an Android phone, slide your finger down from the top of the screen. You will either see mobile data there (usually indicated by little up and down arrows) or "Settings" (a little cog) > Mobile Data > touch off.

If you top up £10 per month are you on their "Big Talk" tariff?
(£10 top up gets you unlimited minutes to landlines and 120 minutes to UK mobiles the following month).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
grahamecain
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAYG costs

You seem to be making a basic mistake. You do not need to have data turned on when you use Wifi to connect to the internet.Turn it off except when you can't find any Wifi and really need to download data. Once you have downloaded remember to turn data off before midnight and you may not be charged for any more "useage", if you are charged for usage on a daily basis. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos