Menu
Micklogue
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PAC code

I once was with O2, then I joined Virgin mobile and ported my number to the new phone,unfortunately I had to return the phone and got another one,now have 2 contracts, I only need one!the one I need does not have the ported number, been told by call centre/customer services/ cleaner /anyone else who happened to pick the phone up that I would need a PAC code to transfer number to other phone,so I got one and was told to contact my server Who is Virgin mobile,so I get PAC from Virgin to give to Virgin! This is the standard of your customer care team,I am seriously unimpressed.I also have TV Broadband and landline with you!Watch this space !!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Customer services

Hi Micklogue,

unfortunately it's not possible to move a mobile number within the Virgin network. Therefore if you wish to, the only way would be:

1. Call 789 & request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) for the number you wish to keep (if it's in contract you may have to give notice or buy out first).

2. Port the number out to another network (cheapest(free)/easiest available SIM from any other network).

3. Once established on a new network. Request a PAC from your new provider then port your number back to Virgin on to the Pay Monthly SIM you wish to use.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png

All Replies
Micklogue
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Customer services

I once was with O2, then I joined Virgin mobile and ported my number to the new phone,unfortunately I had to return the phone and got another one,now have 2 contracts, I only need one!the one I need does not have the ported number, been told by call centre/customer services/ cleaner /anyone else who happened to pick the phone up that I would need a PAC code to transfer number to other phone,so I got one and was told to contact my server Who is Virgin mobile,so I get PAC from Virgin to give to Virgin! This is the standard of your customer care team,I am seriously unimpressed.I also have TV Broadband and landline with you!Watch this space !!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Micklogue,

unfortunately it's not possible to move a mobile number within the Virgin network. Therefore if you wish to, the only way would be:

1. Call 789 & request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) for the number you wish to keep (if it's in contract you may have to give notice or buy out first).

2. Port the number out to another network (cheapest(free)/easiest available SIM from any other network).

3. Once established on a new network. Request a PAC from your new provider then port your number back to Virgin on to the Pay Monthly SIM you wish to use.

Superuser1718.png
Micklogue
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alexkid, thanks for your info,I knew I could do this but as Virginmedia caused the problem I was hoping they would have a solution for me but the people who spoke to me really did not have an answer,not impressed with the service,wish I had stayed with O2!!!

0 Kudos
Rebeccaatkinson
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAC code

I'm changing my sim to Giffgaff just wondering if I can have my Pac code from you because I don't have no credit to ring up for it neither if that's alright

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAC code

Rebeccaatkinson wrote:
I'm changing my sim to Giffgaff just wondering if I can have my Pac code from you because I don't have no credit to ring up for it neither if that's alright

Thanks

Hi Rebeccaatkinson,

789 is a free call to customer services from your Virgin mobile. They will be able to provide your PAC.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos