Menu
Crofty66
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Overseas

So I naively thought this would be easy. I loaded the account with £50, as a newish user. I was on the train to France and texted "BUY 250MB" but got an error message. I then rang up (and got charged 10p for the privilege) to be told there was a problem with the website, but the transaction could be done manually. I then got to France and "no signal" so I went online using WIFI to try to resolve. No joy. I was apparently still on the default setting of 'do not use abroad' (thanks for telling me) and had to ring up using vodafone mobile to resolve - got told "up to 24 hours to switch on - keep turning phone off & on every two hours"! So about 14 hours later, I got a signal. I am now back in the UK and want to find out "how much data do I have left?" as I travel again in a couple of weeks. I can't find any way to do this online? Nor using the ap? So I rang up again (26 July) - and got told "I don't have a Travel Pass; nothing on the account". But I have a text (22nd July) saying "Thanks! Your 250MB travel pass is now active...". And when I texted "Status" to 789, I get a message saying (verbatim): "Your travel pass is still up and running! It's an undefined pass to use in the next until your next bill date. Enjoy!". And when I went onto the website to check, I have been billed £5 for my troubles. Losing the will to live. Anyone got any advice?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overseas

Hi Crofty66

Welcome to the community - sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the roaming and data pass service.

Roaming is usually 'Off' by default, but you can enable it via your online account here - Just go to 'Plan and device' and 'manage services'.

It's not currently possible to check the remaining balance of your Data Plan due to some technical issues, however you won't be charged if it runs out - the data will just stop working and you can buy a new pass at this point.

I'm not too sure what the £5 relates to - is this for calls/texts made while you were away? You should be able to see a breakdown on your online account.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Crofty66
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mark. The £5 is not showing at all in recent usage and corresponds to the 250MB data pack I bought before I travelled but which is not showing on my account). I was online whilst I was overseas but there are no separate charges for that so something is still wrong. Any help appreciated
0 Kudos
Crofty66
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mark - I probably should have replied rather than posting, but any thoughts on my earlier reply? Thankd
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crofty66,

Thanks for getting back to us, apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

I'll be able to look into this for you, but I'll need to verify further details with you. I'll send you a private message requesting this information. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crofty66,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your Virgin Mobile service, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this and would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.
Many thanks,

0 Kudos
Crofty66
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In the end, I spent 1/2 an hour on the phone to the help desk as I thought this chain had gone cold. I'm told the phone will be ok - I find out tomorrow!

Thanks for asking
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crofty66,

I'm glad to hear this has been looked into for you now. Sorry that it took half an hour on the line with us. Let us know how this goes for you.

Thanks,

0 Kudos