Menu
tenpindee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Overcharging mobile account

I received my new phone in October 2013 on a 24 month contract. I wanted to cancel it in November 2015 and was not the account holder. The holder rang today and the lady said I was tied to a contract until January 2016 and could not cancel before that time.

Can anyone out there tell me why I could not cancel it in November last year, as they say I am tied till January this year. Is this an overcharging?

0 Kudos
tenpindee
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharging mobile account

Is this how Mr Branson get's so rich, by changing the goal posts

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi tenpindee,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you've had trouble trying to cancel a contract over 24 months old.

I'm not quite sure why you were required to wait an additional few months before you could cancel if the contract was taken out in October 2013. If you have multiple phones linked to the address it's possible the agent was looking at the wrong one.

You can double check when the contract end date is by logging in to your online account here and following these steps:-

The 'Plan and device' tab will show the following information:-

Contract start date
Contract term (length)
Next upgrade date
Your refresh date

The 'Billing' tab will show the following information:-

Billing period
Contract term (end date)

Hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
tenpindee
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had exactly the same problem. They renewed the contract without asking me first, then I told them the phone was not working anymore and cancel. My partner, the account holder gave them permission for me to phone as long as I used his password. My saga has gone on two years after the account was closed

0 Kudos
tenpindee
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

NO, the contract expired in 2013. They renewed it without asking, I telephoned in Feb 2014, they would not cancel the contract I did not ask them to renew. Every month, even after my 'complaint' was generated, they keep sending letters saying the bill has not been paid, probably cos I cancelled the direct debit. why should I pay for a contract I did not ask for; why should I pay when we told them the phone was broken and why should they keep sending me bills after we had to activate it and de=activate Month after Month, and it was done whilst I was on the phone to them.

And they charged me for calls when I was in Brazil! Funny but I also was in Canada and America phoning Brazil when the account and phone had been barred from making any calls - by Virgin!!! So how come I called the same telephone number when the phone was blocked; how come I could not phone anyone; how come I could not use Whatsapp to call home; and how come I could not use FaceTime to keep in touch with my family, but they could call me and use FaceTime!

Plenty of question considering the bill, when I could not call anyone came to over £200+ Answers greatly appreciated Rich as it is a total mystery to me!!!

0 Kudos
tenpindee
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry you had the same problem, they do not seem to be able to get their act together which is why I contacted the moderator to see if they would do anything about it. They have no right to start another contract, you did not agree to it as much as I didn't and hope you get it sorted. Seems to be a universal problem

Dee

0 Kudos