Menu
goozer321
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged, mucked about, leaving

Hi

Went to Germany for a few days back in October - bought a few internet packages via text, minimal use of phone.
Next bill I'm charged £70 (normal bill £6) so I call up to query, speak to nice woman who promises to look into it and call me back - she does and tells me it was all a mistake and the bill will be amended to zero. Didn't understand this as I would have expected to pay something, but hey ho.
Couple of weeks later, yesterday, I check the bill online and the £70 is still outstanding. Then I check my bank and they've taken the £70 from me.
Call 1 to VM on mobile: Indian lady - very bad line (echoes, lag, crackles), her english not brilliant but we manage to get to the stage, after 15 minutes of waiting, where she gives me a choice to call my bank to refund the DD or wait up to 7 days to receive refund from VM. I don’t want to muck about with DD so I am about to ask for VM refund in 7 days when I am cut off.
Call 2 to VM on landline: Indian man - very bad line as above, his english not brilliant but we manage to get to the stage after 15 minutes of waiting, where he gives me a choice to call my bank to refund the DD or wait up to 7 days to receive refund from VM. I am about to ask for VM refund in 7 days when I am cut off, this time to the main menu.
Call 3 to VM: Indian lady - very bad line as above, her english not brilliant but we manage to get to the stage after 15 minutes of waiting, where she gives me a choice to call my bank to refund the DD or wait up to 7 days to receive refund from VM. I am about to ask for VM refund in 7 days when I am cut off, this time completely.
Three times and I admit by this time I am on edge so I call the bank and tell them to refund the DD. They’re not happy, apparently VM do this “all the time”, but it is done and I get the money back.
Also, I lodge complaint via Resolver.
Next day, today, I get two texts from VM telling me the account is in arrears and my phone may be disconnected. I call VM – this time the “thinking of leaving us menu” and again, get Indian lady with poor English on a bad line – crackles, echoes and lags – and she has no record of my original complaint or yesterday’s conversations and I should pay the bill or be cut off. I ask how much is remaining on my contract and how I should transfer my number to another provider – she agrees to post this.
Absolutely shocking. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged, mucked about, leaving

Hi goozer321

Welcome to the forum, I am sorry to read about the experience you have had.

I would like to take a look into this for you so will follow this up with a PM that you can open by clicking the envelope in the top right corner.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
goozer321
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged, mucked about, leaving

The phone was cut off a few days ago.

If you really want to help, I haven't had the PAC code yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't going to happen - you could action that for me.

0 Kudos