Menu
SteveMc101
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged but unable to pay as no one will sort. Leaving as a result

So, went to France in October, and the oldest son bought a 250Mb travel pass.  This worked for some of his internet usage and then not for some.  It resulted in both him and his brother being cut off (as I have them on the same account) as they went over the credit limit set.  The bill was easy to follow as there were two usages totalling £104.99 for 21Mb of Data mixed in with the other 40Mb of data used.  I phoned, spoke to a pleasant lady from the Phillipines who credited some of this back but could not do it all. Then had a long dialog with Harry in chat online, who said it would be sorted, then a call with a lady in Swansea and then two more calls with different ladies form the Philippines.   Everyone said that it was a glitch with Virgin, and would be sorted, but as I have come to understand, it has not been. When the refresh of allowances arrived in November, they were both immediately cut off again as they were over £50 limit.   I have moved all four phones to a new provider as I am so unhappy with this, even though we have all been with virgin for many years.  I have asked to pay my bill for the correct amount, however I want it broken out, but still no one will do.  I was even given a complaint number  COM101121820 and told someone would phone me, but as yet nothing.  What I did do was cancel the direct debits for these four phones so money cannot be taken straight out.   I do want to pay by bill but I am stuck until this issue is resolved.  I have been told that my son would get his travelpass refunded to, as he could not use more than 60Mb of the 250Mb due to the account being barred, because of "glitches" in the virgin system.  I have even said I would put the phones back to Virgin when this is resolved, but NO-ONE at Virgin will sort it correctly.    I have no idea how to fix this, and I certainly don't want to leave unpaid bills, but what else can I do?   Should I email every director?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged but unable to pay as no one will sort. Leaving as a result

Hi SteveMc101

Thanks for taking the time to join us on the community. Apologies for the continued difficulties with the data charges. I'd like to take a closer look at the situation so I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos