Menu
Oops_Wrong
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oops Something Went Wrong

Hi All,

I know others have had this issue when trying to change tariffs.

So here we go:

- "Oops Something Went Wrong ... Try Again" message appears when trying to change mobile phone tariff

- "Oops Something Went Wrong ... Try Again" message appears when trying to view TV/Broadband offers or amend current package

--

A fiver says the first reply will be an Admin saying we can sort that, call 789, yes, I don't want to speak to your Call Centre. I simply want to use the function available on the website. If you don't want people to use said function disable it entirely!!!

Helpful Answers
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Oops Something Went Wrong

then you will know that the DPA will prevent them from discussing your account on an open forum, so the same fiver back will confirm you will need to ring them.

(not exactly the answer you wanted ....)

Last time I saw errors like that, I cleared the cookies on my PC, then cleared the cache - was able to connect 1st time after that. May just be co-incidence)

0 Kudos

All Replies
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

then you will know that the DPA will prevent them from discussing your account on an open forum, so the same fiver back will confirm you will need to ring them.

(not exactly the answer you wanted ....)

Last time I saw errors like that, I cleared the cookies on my PC, then cleared the cache - was able to connect 1st time after that. May just be co-incidence)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oops_Wrong,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I sincerely apologise for the troubles you face when trying to change your tariff online. I appreciate this functionality is supposed to prevent you from calling in.

I'm not aware of any problems with our website yesterday. Have you tried andyju's suggestion? Had any luck today?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
oldgit
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I also had the same problem yesterday when setting up a new account.Problem still exists today.

Another problem I have is that they have not yet confirmed  sending my new phone to me.

All went through yesterday but said there was a technical problem at their end and they would get back to me in 24 hrs to conclude the transaction.

I'm still waiting and reading the problems on this forum I think I may cancel the contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi oldgit,

Thanks for posting. I'm terribly sorry you've had no further contact from us to finalise your new phone.

Have you had your confirmation through yet?

If you haven't I'd definitely recommend contacting the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Oops_Wrong
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, I have tried clearing the cache, deleting cookies, eating cookies, dunking cookies in milk, used different browsers on different PC's, iPads, iPhones you name it.

Yes I could just call and painfully explain the situation to the unintelligible call center executives however i'd rather not have to in all fairness. 

I imagine it is an error linked to not being able to do what I want to do, even though there's an option to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oops_Wrong,

Thanks for your reply.

As Rich mentioned previously your best option is to call in as this is not something we could do over the forum. The mobile team are aware of some glitches that are occurring with our site and are working hard to get them resolved. Our call centre team will be able to change your tariff over the phone.

Let us know if you need anything.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
RuneyT
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same problem and couldn't complete a SIM order last week and so a SIM was reordered over the phone as I want to move to VM.

Stupid thing is that customer services can't get in now to bring my old Three number in as they can't enter the PAC. "Oops something went wrong" for them too.

They said they are raising a ticket with IT but it still isn't fixed. Meantime I am now paying for 2 contracts as my old Three number isn't coming over if they can't enter a PAC.

Three have offered me a similar deal so I will likely cancel the VM SIM and take Three back. It seems VM can't manage mobile accounts!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi RuneyT,

It appears you've posted this issue here which I have responded to.

I've sent you a private message also (red envelope, top left hand side).

If we can keep the conversation on one thread it will save any confusion in future.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos