Menu
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

On my account you have the wrong device and the wrong IMEI number. How do I change these?

On my account you have the wrong device and the wrong IMEI number. How do I change these?

0 Kudos
ericos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: On my account you have the wrong device and the wrong IMEI number. How do I change these?

This has been as issue for some people since the site "upgrade" & they are aware of it although not fixed yet to my knowledge. My device shown reverted to one 3 phones ago.

photo speedtest.png
0 Kudos
sjj1805
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: On my account you have the wrong device and the wrong IMEI number. How do I change these?

Same here. I just noticed that my device is a handset I had a few years ago, in fact I have changed it 2 or 3 times since that one shown on my account. Cannot see anywhere to change it!

0 Kudos
Dug1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same here too. Have issues regarding fault on mobile phone but it isn't showing on my account so have to telephone the customer services who can see it on their screen. Totally disorganized set up they have at virgin media
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi sjj1805,

Sorry to hear your device shown in your account is not correct.

Our sincere apologies for this issue. As other community members have mentioned it is a known issue with our site since the upgrade and is currently being worked on.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Baggers1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have complained about this and have been told you just cannot do it.  Is there any timescale on when this might happen?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Baggers1,

Thanks for posting your query here.

Our apologies, we are currently still working on this issue and as yet have no time scales.

You could call our mobile team on 789 or alternatively 0345 6000 789 as we may be able to update the details manually for you.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Me too showing a phone I bought for my son.

I bought my currant handset from VM and since the one shown.

It is now over half way through August. How difficult can it be to get this right. And if it is too difficult, why not have a wrong phone button so the system could check the IMEI and correct it.

0 Kudos
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Further to my post above 

If the wrong phone shows is the PUK shown on the same page correct for the actual phone in use? 

Sappermajor wrote:

Hi

Me too showing a phone I bought for my son.

I bought my currant handset from VM and since the one shown.

It is now over half way through August. How difficult can it be to get this right. And if it is too difficult, why not have a wrong phone button so the system could check the IMEI and correct it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sappermajor,

Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy and thanks for your posts.

Sorry to hear the mobile handset listed on your number is incorrect.

I'd like to help you get this sorted.

Our mobile team are able to escalate this issue on an individual basis. If you give our team a call on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 I'm sure we can get this looked at for you.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos