Menu
Arguox
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Number transfer. How long does Virgin Mobile take to transfer your mobile number? Rant

How long does Virgin Mobile take to transfer your mobile number?

Over a week and still no porting of my old number.  Keep being told it has had technical problems and will be sorted tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes and no network connection for after over a week.  Customer service very disappointing.

It's Friday now, no connection and porting team don't work weekends so another 2 days minimum with no phone.

What do I have to do to get my sim working....

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number transfer. How long does Virgin Mobile take to transfer your mobile number? Rant

They do seem to have problems from time to time.

Quite frankly it should not be that long.

Has the account on your original supplier terminated?

0 Kudos
Arguox
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number transfer. How long does Virgin Mobile take to transfer your mobile number? Rant

hi, 

yes that was cut off several days ago.

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

OK, just wanted to make sure the issued PAC code was activated.

I'll flag this post for a moderator. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arguox,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your mobile number port. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arguox,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. Checking on your number port, I can see that this was completed on Friday. Just pop your Virgin Mobile SIM in your phone. It may require a reboot if the SIM card is already inserted. 

Please let me know if this is working for you now.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Arguox
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri.
Still not working. Removed sim and rebooted but says emergency calls only. No network. In settings sim is reading as ee sim.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Your Virgin Mobile SIM is reading as an EE SIM?

0 Kudos
Arguox
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes. I go to settings, under sim icon says sim slot EE preferred sim for mobile data EE.
0 Kudos
Arguox
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm using android 6. Thought OK as you use EE masts.
0 Kudos