Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (46 Views)

Number ported to wrong sim card

I came over from O2 last week. I ordered a new phone with a £9 monthly contract. I was also sent a pay as you go sim as a bonus. I got my PAC code and told Virgin last Tuesday. I was told that it would be ported over by midnight on the 16th. When this didn't happen I phoned and was told that instead of putting my number on my monthly contract sim it had been put on the pay as you go sim. When I complained that that wasn't what I wanted they didn't seem to understand. They have now put me on a 30 day rolling contract and told me to cancel the monthly sim. I can't do that without returning the phone which I am not going to do. Surely it was them that messed up so they should sort it. Would love ideas of how I sort this mess out as I keep going from pillar to post when I ring up.

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3 (38 Views)

Re: Number ported to wrong sim card

Long winded but will work

Get a PAC code for the SIM with your original number on it.

PAC out to a cheap PAYG on another network

PAC from that to your contract phone on which you want the number.

Bit of messing but I'll take a bet it will be quicker than getting Virgin to sort it out.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (31 Views)

Re: Number ported to wrong sim card

Yes I thought of doing that and if after my phone call tonight its still not sorted I will have to do it. I had someone really helpful today and they are going to try to put it right. Fingers crossed they do as now getting very frustrated.

0 Kudos