Menu
M950CV
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Number Transfer Problem

I've recently changed my service provider to Virgin from o2, as well as buying a new unlocked phone for the new virgin sim. I got my PAC code from o2, to get the number from my old sim in my old phone transferred over to the new virgin sim in the new phone.

I gave the PAC code and the number I wanted to transfer to Virgin mobile, and they claim it has now been transferred. The o2 service on my old phone has been cancelled, however the number on my new phone with the Virgin sim remains unchanged, so the number I wanted to keep seems to no longer be in existence.

Do i just need to wait a while longer for the change, or has something gone wrong?

0 Kudos
MrD11
Joining in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number Transfer Problem

I am in exactly the same situation. Lost service on my O2 number at 8am. It's now 8pm and my number hasn't started working on my Virgin sim yet. They do say that it can take until midnight so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed until then.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Recently, Virgin seem to be having intermittent problems porting numbers. They get their eventually but that is no help to the people effected. 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ok if the port works by midnight great if not

Call in on 0345 6000 789 any phone local calls charges choose the option that says there is an issue with your phone. That should take you to the tech team explain your port has failed, ask for a log number should take a few days max to resolve. Insist in the log number
0 Kudos
K3v1n
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm in exactly the same boat. I've ported many times and it's normally a 15-30 minute deal. Old sim goes dead, new one comes alive. Not with Virgin it would seem. Between 8-9am this morning the old SIM went dead. It's shambolic.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi M950CV, MrD11 and K3v1n,

Thanks for your posts on the Forum. I'm sorry that you have been having problems with mobile number porting over to your Virgin Mobile. 

The number port should only take a few days, but if there's a problem on the network, sometimes this can take longer.

Checking into this for each of you, it looks like the port has completed.

Has this been sorted out for you now? If not, please let me know and I can look into this further for you. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
M950CV
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the issue has sorted now; the number took a while longer than expected to port over and I lost service for a while, but everything seems to be sorted now.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
MrD11
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Mine hasn't been sorted yet. I've been without my number for 7 days now, and I've been told it could take another 3 days to fix.

"The number port should only take a few days, but if there's a problem on the network, sometimes this can take longer."

I don't remember being told this. I do remember being told that Requests made on Monday would complete by midnight on Tuesday.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrD11,

Apologies that there has been a problem on the network when your number port was processed, causing a problem with the completion of your transfer order. 

A mobile number port should only take up to 24 hours to complete, but there can be unforeseen issues on the network that we aren't aware of until the porting order fails. In these cases, we escalate this to our porting team and depending on the complexities of the issue, we aim to have this fixed within 7 days, but again this depends on nature of the problem and can, in some cases, extend beyond a week.

I can see that this has now been escalated for you and we will be back in touch as soon as this is fixed on the network. I will also keep an eye on the escalation and get back to you as soon as there is an update on this

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi M950CV,

Thank you for posting back and letting us know that your number port has completed and your service is working now.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us if we can help further.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos