Menu
jayuk1971
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not a valued customer

Ive been told I'm not a valued customer even though being with virgin media for 8-9 years have a full package 2 x tivo boxes unlimited home phone and top broadband package, also 4 mobile phones and a contract sim for my tablet. we are due to upgrade two phones as of January 2016 and one phone was due last August 2015, called virgin and been told no upgrades as we are not a valued customer. bills always paid on time so don't understand .

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not a valued customer

Ignoring for the moment any possible insult you received, was your enquiry as to phone upgrade based on the stuff linked below:

http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/mobile/upgrading.html

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

All Replies
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ignoring for the moment any possible insult you received, was your enquiry as to phone upgrade based on the stuff linked below:

http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/mobile/upgrading.html

jayuk1971
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All three phones are on contract, one was due last August which is what my daughter uses but she wanted to wait so we did my other two phones which are also on contract are due now well end of December but we like others get the xmas holiday out of the wayso i called last week as our account flashes up with a green bar so i made the call went through what we would like and then told im not valued so i can go on pay as you go. The short of it is i have to pay a huge amount for the phone up front and the monthly cost are much much higher.

The out come is now i will wait 4 more weeks until my other contract mobile and my contrat sim for my tablet comes to an end at this point my home package ends with the home phone, broadband and two tivo boxes so the whole lot will be cancelled. Total loss to Virgin. £3,225 per year. SKY here we come.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You're better off out of Virgin Mobile as you can't get 4G. I've mooted before that is deliberate to prevent customers from saying that their mobile is faster than their broadband. I'm not even sure they allow you to tether - or has that changed?

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sephiroth wrote:
You're better off out of Virgin Mobile as you can't get 4G. I've mooted before that is deliberate to prevent customers from saying that their mobile is faster than their broadband. I'm not even sure they allow you to tether - or has that changed?

Posted regarding this before, actually posted speedtest results showing that my 3G mobile was almost twice as fast as my 'supercharged DOCSIS3 'magic' cable broadband. 

Both the speedtest results posted were taken simultaneously, and it's quite embarrasing that 3G mobile is SO much faster.

(used my works 3G phone, as didn't want to make it worse by using my own 4G model, as that is ridiculously fast, and almost 4 times faster loading the same web pages!!) 

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't quite get the op's post unless I'm missing something.  I assume they are calling about upgrades when the contracts are all inside the last 30 days of contract?.  As otherwise you can't just pick a handset of choice, well you can but have to pay an early upgrade fee.  And even then has to be hand sets based on what's available on a given tariff otherwise  you'd have to also upgrade the tariff and pay more per month!.  All providers are the same in this respect.

Speaking of handset, how did the op come to ask about the handset?.  Did they first look online (like via a link an earlier post made) and check what's available, in stock and on the same tariff as they currently have?.  Or did they simply make a call and ask about handsets they might have seen in the press, online or heard about and more asked if Virgin have them?.  Which begs the question, why not simply upgrade online in the first place?.

But I don't also get the claims regarding the Virgin employee called, did they call the standard overseas call centre that at best has mixed results and very limited trained and skilled staff that are often frustrating to deal with or the UK based retentions department most aught to know to know by now to call to deal with these matter.  Many know customer services seldom offer or have access to the sort of deals and or handsets the retentions will often be able to offer to keep your custom.  What did Virgin say or offer regarding upgrades and handsets?, they must have offered and said something regarding this as everyones entitled to a handset upgrade in their last month in return for a contract renewal and don't believe for a second they refused a handset upgrade at all!.

0 Kudos
jayuk1971
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can say hand on heart all three of the mobiles are now out of contract and the only option virgin are offering is buy a pay as you go handset and also this will increase cost. Spoken to all different departments and not one helpfull at all. Useless 

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well I think I'm personally maybe slightly getting a better idea of your issue.  As it reminds me (without even knowing your cost or content details) of when I was mid contract with T-Mobile when they became EE and then 4G only against what used to be a decent price to content ratio.  The rebranding when I was out of contract was for a comparable range new handset to what i'd had for 2 years ment either a near double monthly cost for a new handset or downgrading what was pretty much a 4 choice handset, comparable to sub £100 payg handsets with less content for £3.00 per month more.  In fact all handsets were on a par with my 2 year old handset which was superior in a few areas for more cost!.

Still, I and perhaps others may still be left a little confused as most tariffs I've looked at today have handsets on a fairly even playing field to other providers.  Is there any chance you might care to post your monthly cost and content to help members try to work out where the issue might lie?.

0 Kudos
tammac81
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the best thing you can do after the insult you received would be to get rid of the phones,, do not except the weird explanations that come from here I can recommend you try Giff-Gaff, what a pleasant surprise you get when you see the price difference and how much you get for your money. Virgin don't give a monkeys about their customers,, as you have found out, I repeat do not listen to the damage limitation the moderators post, they are doing a hopeless job .  

Tags (1)