Menu
endomytether
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No help for complex issues

So disappointed in Virgin's no-help-helplines. I've been dealing with a chronically ill child and finances have been thin on the ground. I've been paying my bills, but Virgin tried to charge me for both my old and new phone at the same time, so I said I couldnt afford that. After many shouty automatons threatening to affect my credit rating, (and they did!) a nice bloke called to say he was waiving the £12, only he didnt. Have since been pursued intensely. What was £12 is now £36 and theres threats about cutting my phone. You would think I had stolen the crown jewels. I didnt have £12 spare and I dont have £36. Ive tried various ways to get to speak to someone, to tell them I am a carer, that I dont have any extra money. I just get nowhere. Is there not a trained, commonsense type human to speak to? Someone who can hear me and go off script?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No help for complex issues

Your post has gone unanswered for some time now. I have been thinking about how to reply without adding to any distress that has already been caused and without denigrating your difficult personal circumstances.

The Forum cannot deal with billing queries. Just a fact of life because these matters are personal and such things cannot be discussed on a public forum nor can the staff satisfactorily clear the necessary identity checks.

So the advice you will always be discuss this with the team on 789 (free from a VM phone) or 0345 6000 789 (non VM phone potentially chargeable depending on the call plan).

You know that unpaid bills will attract late payment charges thus making a bad situation worse so you must sort this out. And you understand tht what you owe must be paid. That is an inescapable fact of life from media bills to paying for your gas and electricity, or you risk losing the service.

If you'd rather write it all down then follow the advice here:

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos