Menu
sevengreenmice
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No discount and no data promo

Hi,

I was recently sold a package with 40GB data at £10 per month, which is completely awesome and couldn't be beaten by my current provider, so I got the SIM card and switched. My first bill, however, suggests that I am getting 20GB at £16 per month, unlike the correspondence and order information I had received.

I'm conscious that I was sold this deal over the phone, but that I have had legitimate emails from Virgin regarding this. Does anyone know about this deal and if I might have been duped?

Can't seem to get a line through to Virgin Media, so I thought I'd try my luck here.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
jason7579
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No discount and no data promo

Can you download the app and see what the offer and price is there.

I have recently signed up to the same and they told me that the app would return the correct info but the paperwork is likely to be incorrect.  I am still waiting for my sim though.

0 Kudos
sevengreenmice
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll give that a go and check it out.

Really bad if they have sold me something, confirmed it through paperwork and then charged me more for less than offered. Especially since I have left my previous network providers for this and given the same deal to a friend of mine...

I'll come back with more info when I have the app up and running.

0 Kudos
jason7579
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have received mine and can confirm that all of the paperwork states 20GB but the app does reflect  that I have 40GB available.

Go into your app store and search for Virgin media manage - this took me to the Virgin Mobile My Account app.

0 Kudos
sevengreenmice
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

It would appear that my bill included a pro-rated amount from the month before and that my contract is correct, though my first bill was not (ie. that I do have the 20GB data package, with an additional 20GB bolt-on).

Phew! Luckily the customer service team are easy to get hold of and happy to answer my questions... sometimes for the third of fourth time, lol.

Best,

Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to us, apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I'm glad to hear that Customer Services were able to get this sorted out for you.

Please let us know if you require any further support or information.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos