Menu
lucyhh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Hair left - unhelpful Virgin Mobile!!!!!!!!

On the Tuesday 12th January I did an online order to upgrade my handset and opted to have the phone delivered on the Saturday as I'd be home.  I didn't receive the "3 emails" about the order or a confirmation email so on the Wednesday I rang.  The operator told me not to worry, it can take 24-48 hours for the emails to arrive.  Thursday, still nothing, I rang again.  Another operator "don't worry it can take 24 - 48 hours for the emails to arrive!".  I pointed out it had been that time since I placed the order.  "Let me take a look for you"... on hold.... "I can see you've placed the order madam but the department that deals with the orders can't see your order yet".  Um... I reply "you can see it, but the order department can't see it, what kind of system is that?".  "Dont' worry madam, they will be able to see the order in the next 48 hours".  I explain, the phone should be delivered by Saturday but I haven't signed agreement yet so it won't be.. "yes it will madam, don't worry". 

Friday - still no emails.  I ring again.  A guy looks at the account (not being rude but he was english and therefore understood what I was saying about everything). "Sorry but the order hasn't been processed.  There's a known IT fault and it's just sitting there pending, it needs moving along.  I'll do this for you now, you should hopefully receive the 3 emails, and if by 6.45 pm this evening and you return them you'll get the phone tomorrow".  Great I think....

No emails.  I ring again Saturday afternoon.  I get another woman who looks at the account. "The order has been cancelled but it needs removing from your account".  I explain, no the man I spoke to yesterday said he would "process the order along to IT so I'd get my special emails!".  "No" she says, "I'm sorry, he hasn't done that, he's cancelled it.  But IT need to remove it from your account and they only work Monday to Friday.  Ring back after the weekend".

Monday, I check my account order still siting there pending. I decide to give them extra time.  Tuesday evening I ring again.... "I'm sorry madam, nothing has been done yet.  I can see that IT have looked at the account but they haven't actioned the ticket, but I can see you've been calling in".  Trying not to blow my top I say "OK, can you make a note on the account please that if IT don't action the ticket asap I will be making a complaint?".  "Don't worry madam, it will be sorted in the next ....... 24-48 HOURS!".  I'm starting to think they get a bonus for saying this!

It's now Thursday...... I ring again....... guess what...... IT haven't done anything with the ticket! The order is still sitting there.  Until IT cancel it neither me or a customer service operator can do another order for me.  So I'm still stuck with no phone (my mobile actually broke last week hence me thinking this is perfect timing for my new handset!).  The lady says she will contact IT and expedite my ticket and get them to ring me.  I do point out to her that I think it's ridiculous it's been over a week since I placed the original order and nothing's been done on my account at all.  She agrees. 

Still waiting for a phonecall.  Order still stuck on my flipping account.  I'm not holding my breath. Despite her telling me she'll contact IT now, she did say......."It could take 24-48 hours for them to deal with it"!!.

I'm not being funny VIRGIN MEDIA, but your 24-48 hours don't seem to be the same as everyone else in the real world!!!  If it's not sorted by tomorrow a complaint (another one I'll have had to make to VIRGIN) will be started.  Very disappointing, considering I've been a Virgin customer for years, my phone, broadband, TV, mortgage and Mobile all with you and yet you treat your customers so badly. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
lucyhh
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Hair left - unhelpful Virgin Mobile!!!!!!!!

Excellent, just received in the post confirmation of my DD!  Can't actually sort out the order but very quick to sort out taking your money.  Now been on hold for anoter 11 minutes to Virgin to make sure the DD is cancelled!!!!!! 

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi lucyhh

I do understand that this is extremely frustrating for you and that the 24 - 48 hours never materialises into the outcome you need.

Its very difficult to understand why this issue is happening over a forum .

I would say to speak to the customer relations team who can look at this for you . the number is 0800 183 1150
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
lucyhh
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I managed to sort it.  I rang up again yesterday after thinking about it and demanded to speak to a manager.  Within minutes she had released the emails which arrived whilst I was on the phone to her and I did the necessary and it was all done!  Phone just arrived.

It's a shame I had to do that to get it sorted, and more of a shame that not one of the customer advisors I spoke to even suggested they get one of their supervisors/ managers to check the account.  All the info I was given that the order was cancelled and only IT could sort it clearly wasn't the case.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

glad you have managed to sort this one way or another Smiley Happy
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos