Menu
vm15
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New security photos ID system for email log in

I have effectively been locked out of my email account on my mobile for 3 days now. The new photo identification system is absolutely ridiculous and on no way fit for purpose .
I am so angry. The photos we are meant to identify are not only absolutely tiny, but so fuzzy that you cannot even make out the images in order to spot all the photos with salads or road signs etc.
and even if it were possible to identify the correct ones - which it IS NOT- when I tap the photo or the tick box , nothing registers at all.
I spoke to someone on complaints duty on Friday, who suggested I could use a magnifying glass to see them- FOR GOODNESS SAKE!
He also told me that there had been a good number of complaints already.
So why ,3 days later can I still not get into my emails. Typical customer care with Virgin- or customer- frankly we don't care.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New security photos ID system for email log in

Hello vm15, 

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Very Happy

Please accept our apologies for all the inconvenience this has caused you. If you try and login again, you should find that the login screen is back to as it was before. We have taken on-board all the feedback we received and have since decided on other forms of additional security. 

If you continue to experience difficulties please let us know and thanks for your patience. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi vm15, 

Thanks for posting concerns regarding our captcha security, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I am sorry about the way you feel in regards to our captcha security, I know sometimes it can be annoying however it's an additional layer of security in place to protect your personal login details.

I also apologise for the comment about the magnifying glass, If you felt it inappropriate,  I'm sure it was all meant in good spirit.

If there's anything else you need please just drop us a post and we'll take a look for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

0 Kudos
vm15
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam. I don't object to the security check per se.
But You haven't addressed the real issues i was complaining about.

I really cannot make out all the pictures. They are very indistinct and fuzzy. But as I said , even if it were possible to make them out- it does not register when I tap the photos or the little tick boxes. Nothing happens.
It isn't the fact of the checks I'm complaining about,- its the fact that the particular system you have chosen is not working.
And you have not answered these points or told me how you are going to deal with them.
It's now been 4 days since I've been able to open my emails on here.
I await your response to the points I've raised ( for the 2nd time )-
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello vm15, 

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Very Happy

Please accept our apologies for all the inconvenience this has caused you. If you try and login again, you should find that the login screen is back to as it was before. We have taken on-board all the feedback we received and have since decided on other forms of additional security. 

If you continue to experience difficulties please let us know and thanks for your patience. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

0 Kudos