Menu
chrisa1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New contract start date

Hi guys,

I've already spoken to customer services on the phone regarding this, but the lady I spoke to didn't sound very confident at all with what she was telling me so just thought I'd check peoples thoughts on here!

I've been with O2 for the last few years. Just coming up to renewal on my contract and thought I'd give Virgin a try and they have some pretty good deals right now. Was 100% convinced that the contracts for both my wifes phone and mine ran out end of Feb, so ordered the 2 new phones with Virgin last week, due to be delivered on Saturday just gone (25/02/17). Phoned O2 to get the PAC codes and was informed contracts didn't run out until end of March (error on my part). So realising i'd now be paying for both O2 and Virgin for March, I decided to ring Virgin on Thursday so see if I could either cancel my order for the 2 new mobiles, or preferably just delay delivery till end of March.

The lady I spoke to advised to leave delivery as the Saturday (which I did so now have the 2 phones), but not too activate them / phone through with the PAC codes until end of March and then the contract will start. I was under the impression the contract started from when they were delivered? She said this would be fine, just explain the situation at the time you phone the PAC codes through. Just don't want this to get in a muddle in a few weeks time! I know it's only going to cost / waste of one months contract in worst case scenario, but with money being as tight as it is, don't want this to happen if I could have just cancelled the agreement last week and started again!

Anyway, sorry to have waffled on and thanks for any help.

Chris

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract start date

Hi chrisa1979

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry for any confusion. You do start paying for a service from when you first take out the phone and/or SIM with us, however the package with the other provider will close once you use the SIM, so delaying providing the PAC number to us will keep things active with them while the contract us active.

Did you manage to get things sorted out with this now?
Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
chrisa1979
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New contract start date

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

The lady I spoke to on the Virgin mobile helpline advised me to do nothing until my O2 contract is about to run out (another 2 weeks yet). Then when I phone Virgin with the PAC codes, tell them that i've not yet used the phones and they'll be able to credit me back the first months charges. This is why I posted here because I wasn't totally convinced with its. As I was still within my 14 day cancellation period, I was thinking about returning them and then reordering in a few weeks. I know it's a bit of hassle but would save me £32! Think the 14 days might now be up though.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos