Menu
wjmroberst
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

New Sim card not arrived and wrong tracking number

I am a customer already with one of your tv, broadband and phone packages so I decided to get a £5 a month sim card. I went online and ordered one and said it will be with me tomorrow (yesterday with Yodel free delivery) and it has not arrived! The tracking number VM sent to me in an email is invalid so Yodel can't do anything for me. I received an email this morning saying my bill is ready however im not even using it as I don't have it.

I just called up VM and the lady on the phone said I don't have any sim card ordered on my account even though I was telling her I have recieved an email saying it should of arrrived. I gave her the phone number of the sim and she finally found my order but said it had not been 'pushed through' so it was not sent out even though in the mobile 'my account' it says it has been delivered! She said she will send out a new one for me but I will be CHARGED for the delivery. £1.99 next day with Yodel again (no thank you) or with Royal mail for free but will take up to 5 working days. I told her through the website I chose free Yodel delivery (it actaully was free!) and it hasn't arrived so I would like it again for free next day but she said thats not possible so I now have to wait another 5 working days for my sim card because obviously it's my fault for it not getting sent in the first place?

I have just logged onto the mobile account again and now it says under my 'recent cahrges' is 99p. Again why have I been charged for FREE Royal Mail postage? Can anyone here do their job correct and stop lying!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim card not arrived and wrong tracking number

Hi wjmroberst,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry for all the confusion caused on our part. Please let me know when the sim arrives and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
romi
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly this same problem. 

I am new customer of VM Mobile, yesterday ordered new sim card. On my account status I can find information that card has been delivered and activated today, but I haven`t received anything from Virgin Media. Tracking number provided by email not working.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Romi,

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with locating your sim. I want to get this all sorted for you. Can you let me know if you ordered the sim via Yodel or through Royal Mail?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
romi
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Thanks for your reply.

The sim card was ordered via RoyalMail. I was surprised when I saw Yodel Tracking number provided.

I was ready to wait for 5 days, but somehow I could see my card activted and delivered. That was the reason of my concern.

Sim card arrived today so everything seems to be ok.

Once again thank you.

Romi

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply romi Smiley Happy

Glad to see everything arrived for you today. Sorry for any confusion caused on our part.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
toptail
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

I have had exactly the same thing happen to me. I signed up for a sim card only, on Saturday 14th November. Delivery was promised on Sunday 15th November, but nothing arrived. I was sent a tracking number in an email, so I clicked the link (to the Yodel site), only to be told that there was no such package.

I checked on Virgin mobile account, and it seems that I will be charged from the 15th November, so I am feeling rather fed up that I am being charged for a service that I dont have.

I hope that you can help me.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

HI Toptail,

I'm really sorry that you've had some trouble with tracking the sim card. I want to get this all sorted for you.

Can you let me know if the sim has arrived yet?

If it hasn't are you able to PM me your full name, address and Post Code so I can chase this up for you? You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and clicking the send me a message option on the right.

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
toptail
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Thank you for the response. I have the sim card now (in fact I have two!) and it all seems to be working. I will briefly describe how things unfolded.

I signed up for a sim card on Sat 14th November. I was informed that it would arrive on Sun15th November. I was in all day and nothing came, but no problem because I had an email with a tracking number in it. I clicked on the link and the Yodel web site informed me there was no such package. Thought this was a bit strange, but waited on Monday to see if it would turn up. Nothing came, and nothing on Tuesday either. Meanwhile I was informed that I was now being billed for my mobile from 15th November.

I was now a bit worried it had been lost/stolen so I called Virgin customer service. I got through really quickly and the guy was very helpful. He said he would arrange for another to be sent out, and even credited my account for the lost days! No complaints there : )

I then got another email with a tracking number on, so I clicked the link and guess what? The Yodel website said no such package. Meanwhile the first sim card arrived through the post from Royal Mail.

The next day (Thursday 12th November) the second sim card arrived, from Yodel. I put the second sim in the phone, thinking the first one would have been cancelled, but this did not work. I then put the first sim in the phone and it worked fine.

So, customer happy in the end, but it was a bit confusing getting there. Perhaps a little internal investigation needs to happen around the sim despatch process.

Thanks again for listening.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toptail,

I'm really glad to see that this is all sorted Smiley Happy

I'd like to apologize for any confusion caused on our part with the duplicate sim cards.

Thanks for being so patient while we got this sorted for you.

Please let me know if there's any further questions you have regarding this.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos