Menu
siju
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Sim card didn't despatch but generated bill

I have ordered the sim card on 4th January 2016 and i received confirmation email for the order. I did log in to online mobile site and it showed as despatched on 5th Jan 16. Then i did made a request to port my number and they successfully placed the porting request and informed me that the number will be ported on 111th Jan 16. I was waiting for the sim card to arrive but i received an email today with my Bill that is starting from 5th Jan 16. When I called the customer care, the lady who took the phone call informed me that the delivery person returned the item as when they enquired at my address i was not living there(absolute non-sense) i asked for the company that tried for delivery and the tracking number for the item, she asked me to hold on the line and she just disconnected the phone. I called in again and another lady( may be same person)attended the phone and said they didn't despatch the sim card as informed earlier. She said she did not know the reason for not despatching the sim on time but she promised me today to despatch one today so that i will get it on Wednesday. Now I am really concerned about missing the phone calls to my old number that i am bringing to Virgin as this number will be ported to virgin mobile tomorrow (11th Jan) but the new sim card will only arrive on Wednesday(12th Jan). Also have concerns about Virgin media started to billing me from 5th Jan which is totally unfair as it was their fault they didn't dispatch the sim card to me. I will be pleased if they compensate me by refunding one month's line rental for the hassles i faced to come over to virgin or if they start the billing from the actual date of receipt of sim card. 

0 Kudos
Talamat
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Sim card didn't despatch but generated bill

Still waiting for my sim too. Tho, thankfully, I decided not to port my number until the sim card arrives.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi siju, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for taking the time to post.

I am sorry to learn about the issue you have had receiving your new sim card, I would like to take a look into this for you and make sure that it is on its way. 

I can also take a look at the billing from the 5th of January as well; so that I can do this will need to request some further information. 

Shortly I will send you a private message, to pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner of the page. 

Chat soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
siju
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is the response i got from Kelly. When i rang the CS they confirmed my sim card will be definitely delivering tomorrow. What nonsense is going with VM CS????

Hi siju,

I can see the sim card orders on the account, unfortunately none of these will be sent out, there is an issue with the contract that you have taken and everything we are ordering has been parked.

This means that you will have to give our freestyle team a call. You can reach them by dialing 789 from any Virgin Mobile, 150 from any Virgin Media landline or 0345 6000 789 from any other line.

I am sorry can’t help you any further, but please give these guys a call and they can straighten this entire situation out for you.

Take care,

Kelly

0 Kudos
siju
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nobody informed me that there is a problem with the contract and what the problem is. I am already feud with VM even before starting a contract with them. Why did you park my order????
0 Kudos