Menu
G_Pearce
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Never experienced such poor customer service in my life..... disgusting

Due an upgrade, all excited to get a new phone given mine has died a slow and painful death. On a VIP package and a customer for I don't know how many years. Phoned through this morning to get my upgrade, nice shiny new iPhone 7 Plus only to be told you're not prepared to give me a contract. You've changed the way you do things and based on credit checks you're not giving me a phone. Oh, and we don't do your current tariff any longer so you'd have to change that too.

£57+ I paid you lot for years to be told you're not willing to keep me as a customer. Do you treat all customers like this? I thought you prided yourselves on customer loyalty, sadly this is not the case is it. Agent: Credit check declined, you can't have a new phone. Me: I'll not bother upgrading and will move elsewhere, put me through to retention's. Retention's, your agent: Yeah you can't have one, not prepared to discuss this with you so I'll process your request to leave. There we are it's done.

Absolutely shocking. Not even an attempt to keep me as a customer. I'll absolutely not recommend your services to anyone...... NEVER have I ever experienced a problem upgrading my phones with you, I am in disbelief that you've introduced a new policy to get rid of existing customers. YOU should be ashamed of yourselves.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Never experienced such poor customer service in my life..... disgusting

Why are you so upset? There are loads of other providers that will give you a phone, some even do 4g.
0 Kudos
G_Pearce
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That is so very true. The reason I'm upset is that I expected the same level of experience and service that I have had with them for so many years. This experience has been positive. However, it seems like VM don't care about customer loyalty etc. and to be treated the way I was this morning was poor.

I appreciate there are other service providers. I'm in the process of looking through them now. 4G would be a plus too.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty doesn't exist nowadays. It's those who are disloyal and switch seem to get the best deals.

Good luck with your new contract
0 Kudos
G_Pearce
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Too true jb66. Fingers crossed I manage to pick up a sweet deal.

Anyway, lets see if someone has a look at this and offers a little help in the meantime.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi G_Pearce

I'm really sorry to hear we were unable to offer you an upgrade at this time.

In order to lend responsibly, we do need to conduct a credit check before we can supply you with a new handset. This includes internal factors (such as your payment history) and also external factors which will look at your credit file.

I can understand you're really disappointed to be advised we can't offer you the new handset at the moment.

If you haven't already, I would recommend checking over your credit file with the credit reference agencies (such as Experian and Equifax) and ensure there's no errors on there which may have impacted your application.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's any further assistance we can offer with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
G_Pearce
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

VM have just become a divisive company in that they just want to get rid of those long term, loyal customers who just happen to have poor credit. I have never had a problem upgrading in the past until you have adopted this method of contracts, which apparently those with good credit seem happy with. I have been a loyal customer for I don't know how many years and have paid I don't know how many thousands to the company but it appears my money is no longer good enough. I didn't appreciate the way the call was handled and neither did I have the opportunity to experience this excellent standard of 'customer service' you seem to pride yourselves on. 

Anyway, I was looking for support/help/solution and all I got in return was just a copied and pasted some stock answer. I have already requested to close my account with you and won't be returning to VM. Thank you for taking the time to eventually reply.

0 Kudos
LilMo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think it's rotten and I don't get it if you've been a loyal customer with them for umpty ump years too makes it much worse. I wouldn't think twice about moving to another provider as has been said there are many just waiting to welcome you with open arms. Though I think the biggest majority of them are totally out for themselves also. But when you've been treated like that we'll you wouldn't stay anyway I wouldn't I have a gripe going on myself with them and if I don't get satisfaction either so move over I'll be joining you and possibly 02.
0 Kudos
Mickotabs
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Be relieved mate, I can't wait to leave, end of Oct & I'm gone. Promised 4G by Feb 15 and still nothing. Took me 2 trips abroad until I had international

roaming, and when I called from the hotel phone and asked for a call back, the guy said they couldn't call international numbers. Sick of being lied to & cheated. Have you noticed the snide additional charge now when you buy a Euro data bundle? No? Neither did I. Sussed out a better deal on EE, with 4G, so now just need my PACs & phones unlocked and hopefully I'll never have to deal with these blerts again

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mick your phones should just work with an EE sim, pop in a payg one and see Smiley Happy
0 Kudos