Menu
mr_pug
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My Account Phone App "Connection error Whooops! We're having difficulty reaching our servers"

Do we know if this is still an on going issue?  Ever since the app updated itself back in Nov 2916 I have been having this error.  numerous uninstalls/reinstalls phone resets have failed to rectify the problem while the app on the wife's phone has no problems.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Account Phone App "Connection error Whooops! We're having difficulty reaching our servers"

Hi mr_pug,

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with the My Account app.

Please confirm if your phone shows a mobile data connection when you go to use it. Depending on your package and the strength of your mobile data connection, this can show as 3G, H, H+ or a 4G symbol at the top of your phone's screen. Please try this with mobile data switched on and your WiFi connection off.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me with your name and mobile number, so that I can look into this further for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm I've received your PM.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Account Phone App "Connection error Whooops! We're having difficulty reaching our servers"

Hi mr_pug,

Thank you for sending the requested details via PM. Checking your account, I'm not seeing any issues that would cause an issue with the app. Having two numbers shouldn't cause a problem with the My Account app.

Please let me know the following:

• Make/model of handset:
  • OS on handset (has this been updated?):
  • Are you able to log into Your Account online?

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
mr_pug
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Account Phone App "Connection error Whooops! We're having difficulty reaching our servers&quo

My phone is Apple SE, IOS 10.3.

I am able to access my account via the web.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi mr_pug,

Thank you for sending your details. I have raised a ticket to our technicians to investigate the issue you are having with the mobile My Account app. 

I'll be back in touch as soon as I have an update on this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Account Phone App "Connection error Whooops! We're having difficulty reaching our servers&quo

Hi mr_pug,

I'm sorry that it's taking so long to get the issue with the mobile My Account app fixed for you. I've requested an update on this from our support team.

I'll be back in touch as soon as I have more information on this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi mr_pug,

The technicians have asked that you try the My Account app again so that we can trace current logs on this.

Please try this 5 separate times over the next 24 hours, making a note of the time you tried this. Just PM me with the details and I'll get these sent to the technicians.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi mr_pug,

Thank you for sending all the requested information via PM. I have raised a ticket for this issue and our technicians will investigate this problem.

I'll be back in touch as soon as I have an update on this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi mr_pug,

I've received notification that the issue with the Virgin Mobile My Account app has been resolved. 

Please retry this after uninstalling and reinstalling the app and let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
mr_pug
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Uninstalled and installed app. Still the same even tried reseting the phone.  Seems to authorise the phone after installing the app but still reports the same error.

0 Kudos