Menu
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My Account App - connection error

Ever since yesterday morning when my SIM-only contract was updated from 3G to 4G, the My Account App on my Android phone (when asked to show my Balance) shows "Connection error" and "We're having difficulty reaching our servers". However, if I use the Virgin Mobile website login then I can see my Balance as normal. Is this a known problem?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My Account App - connection error

Hi Ian_Nunthorpe

Apologies for the difficulties you're experiencing with the My Account app. There is currently a known issue around this and our team are on the case to get this sorted out. As soon as there's any update we'll be sure to let you know.

Many regards.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The My Account App is still showing "Connection error", even after uninstalling the App and reinstalling it.

Is this a problem with 4G contracts? Have other users with SIM-only 4G contracts been able to see their Balance (of allowances) OK when using the My Account App on Android phones.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ian_Nunthorpe

Apologies for the difficulties you're experiencing with the My Account app. There is currently a known issue around this and our team are on the case to get this sorted out. As soon as there's any update we'll be sure to let you know.

Many regards.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave_B,

Thanks for your reply - it is reassuring to know that this is a known problem. 

Is this related to the fact that I have been receiving 2 text messages every morning since Wednesday telling me that I am now on my new 4G contract?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ian_Nunthorpe, 

This is indeed another symptom of this issue, I know it can be very annoying. A lot of my colleagues have been adding it into a block list to prevent them being bugged by this text. 

Most of the guys here have downloaded an App from there market places on their devices which can block them. The one I find is the best is one called dead 2 me this blocks calls and texts, but please bear in mind these are 3rd party apps and not associated with virgin mobile. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
Off_switch
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have to say you must be having a laugh! VM have known about this for ages. This to me is just the classic example of how much you care about your customers. In order to see your recent usage, you need the app. i have two iPhones with the app on each-it works on one! What??? Then when you ring up "sorry can't access",

The "recent usage" on accounts didn't show this for a while either-in fact I raised that in December. "we will get back to you" which they never did. I must check it out to see if current usage is working yet.

0 Kudos
Pockets24
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Solved:
For iPhone
Goto Settings
Scroll down to My Account app
Turn on Share Mobile Data
FIXED Smiley Happy