Menu
Fran4
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My Account App Authentication Error

My App has not been working for weeks.  When I open the app it says that there is an authentication error and tells me to switch off WiFi and access over 4G...when I do this it keeps telling me that I am on WiFi when WiFi is switched off.  I contacted Virgin and they said they would raise it with their technical people but that was over a week ago and I've heard nothing.  I can access my account via the web site but want to use the app....I am running IOS10.3.1 on an IPhone  6S Plus and this app was working perfectly well a couple of months ago...what is going on with it?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Account App Authentication Error

Hi Fran4,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with the mobile My Account app. Is this working for you now?

In order to look into this, I'll need to take more information from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Lizkings03
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The same thing is happening to me on iPhone 7! (I have posted in the forum but no (useful) replies yet. Please let me know if you find a solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lizkings03,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you are having ongoing problems with the mobile My Account app. 

In order to escalate this further, I will need to take more information from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Desert-Raven
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

I have the same issue too (iPhone 7+ iOS 10.3.1).

(I've tried, restarting the app, the phone, turning off wi-fi, ensuring good 3G signal etc).  Could you PM me too?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Desert-Raven,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry that the mobile My Account app isn't working for you either.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lizkings03,

Thank you for sending the requested details via PM. I have reset your account now; please go to the following website to re-register for your online account: Your Account, click register now and follow the instructions to set up your account.

Once this has been done, please uninstall/reinstall the My Account app on your mobile.

Let me know if this works now.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Desert-Raven,

Thank you for sending all the requested information via PM. I have raised a ticket for this issue and our technicians will investigate this problem.

I'll be back in touch as soon as I have an update on this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
valinho6
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning,

I have the same issue too (iPhone 5 iOS 10.2.1).

(I've tried, restarting the app, the phone, turning off wi-fi, ensuring good 4G signal, unisnstalling and installing the app).  Could you PM me too?

Thanks

Juan

0 Kudos
Lizkings03
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,
I had the same problem. I re-registered using the link you sent but when I had completed that it still said I need to call 789 and they will help resolve the problem with the account
Thanks
Liz
0 Kudos