Menu
GranandGrumps
Tuning in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

My 2 year contract

My 2 year contract started July this year included 500mb of data.

With your flexibility I was meant to be able to up my data if I wished and go back to my original allowance later.

Before I upped my data, (for a month because I was away travelling), I checked that I would be able to go back to my original package. I was told I would be able to.

Now I am told I will only get 250mb if I go back.

I was lied to ... and lied to again when I asked to go back Loo told me that my original contract would be honoured ... but since have been kept on hold to various people and supervisors who say that to go back to my original package is impossible.

We are loyal and very longstanding customers ...

HOW IS THIS FAIR? 

WHY DO YOU LIE?

DO I REALLY HAVE TO TAKE THIS FURTHER?

We have always been happy with your service and call centres till lately.

What has happened to Virgin service? Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My 2 year contract

Hi GrananGrumps,

when you took out your contract Virgin Mobile had just upped their data allowance:

500.JPG

They have since revised the allowances again.

However it clearly states:

"Tariff Movement: The new allowance and price will apply from your next monthly package for remainder of the minimum term."

As you are still within your minimum term and this package was available to you when you took it out. I would call them back and quote their own terms and wording to them.

Let us know how you get on.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Edit: you have made two posts here on the same subject (I have now merged them).

Please refrain from creating multiple posts on the same topic as per forum guidelines.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is the minimum term not the two years the minimum time the contract is set for?

Also Odom won't entertain this until the long drawn out length of Virgins complaints procedure has been played out and a "deadlock" letter obtained from Virgin.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BEWILDERED!

Hi GranandGrumps,

Thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry that there's been a problem with changing your mobile tariff and that you've not received a satisfactory response when raising this issue with us.

I can't access your live account, but this looks like the original offer is no longer available, so our agents haven't been able to revert you back to the original tariff. Our tariff offers are fluid and change regularly. 

I would like to look into this further for you so that I can review this for you. I'll need to take more information from you, so I'll send you a private message. If you would like for us to look into this for you further, please click on the envelope icon at the top right of this page and respond to the pm I've sent.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Terri_P said:
"I can't access your live account, but this looks like the original offer is no longer available, so our agents haven't been able to revert you back to the original tariff. Our tariff offers are fluid and change regularly. "

That is what I can't understand, when someone takes out a contract/Freestyle they are advertised/told/sold that they can move between the tarrifs offered at that time the contract is taken out for the remainder of their contract, but a few months down the line the tarrifs have been withdrawn and they are left with no tarrif options available. There has got to be some miss-selling grounds somewhere for these people.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
GranandGrumps
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

BEWILDERED!

My mobile contract was £5 ... and it included 500mb data.

As I was going away I phoned to ask if I could up my data for a month and to check it would be ok to go back again after. Yes they said ... no problem. So I upped my data for a month.

Now when I phone to put it back to my contract amount of data they say that is impossible and I will only get 250mb. They say you can go up and down but do not believe them. I was not warned when I upped my data.

I phoned to put it back and first person Loo said Virgin would honour my original contract and she would phone me back when it was sorted. She never rang back.

The second person I talked to today, Christine, told me it was impossible and I had to go back to 250mb. When I tried to explain she said she could not hear me properly and could I make my service better. COULD I MAKE MY SERVICE BETTER ???? They are the ones providing the service. I asked to speak to a supervisor ... she said she was busy ... could I wait ... I waited about 5 mins and then she said she would put me through. I was put on hold for 40mins so I hung up and rang from the home phone.

Then I spoke to Melyn who also told me it was impossible and I could either stay on £8 for 1GB or £5 for 250mb. I was not asking for a new contract just my original contract which I was told originally I would be able to go back to. I was also told this was possible by the first person I spoke to when I tried to change it back. I would not have upped my data at all if it was going to change my contract. They never told me when I first asked.

I see this as a real breach of contract. Their flexible tariffs are not totally flexible BEWARE!!! They are not prepared to be at all flexible .... I will be taking this to OffCom ... and we are looking into cancelling two mobile contracts, our TV package, our phone and possibly our internet. They are way too hard to contact and I consider that I have been lied to.

My daughter has also been having problems with Virgin and will be cancelling her packages.

We have been loyal customers for a very very long time, and recommended Virgin to many friends and family. We have had no problems in the past. They have always been easy to contact and easy to talk to, with good service. What has happened to Virgin? Smiley Sad So sorry to have to be leaving.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi GrananGrumps,

when you took out your contract Virgin Mobile had just upped their data allowance:

500.JPG

They have since revised the allowances again.

However it clearly states:

"Tariff Movement: The new allowance and price will apply from your next monthly package for remainder of the minimum term."

As you are still within your minimum term and this package was available to you when you took it out. I would call them back and quote their own terms and wording to them.

Let us know how you get on.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Edit: you have made two posts here on the same subject (I have now merged them).

Please refrain from creating multiple posts on the same topic as per forum guidelines.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is the minimum term not the two years the minimum time the contract is set for?

Also Odom won't entertain this until the long drawn out length of Virgins complaints procedure has been played out and a "deadlock" letter obtained from Virgin.
GranandGrumps
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you ... sorry I thought one was for communications with other customers and one was for an answer from Virgin to a question.

Seems you cannot communicate with Virgin now apart from the phone call and you wait on hold for over 30 mins just to get no where. 

I will have to go to a store and see if they can help me or even write a letter via the shop.

Other than that it will be go to Off Com. 

They should not be able to lie to people. They have blatantly lied to me on two occasions re the same thing.

I would not have upped for a month if I knew for the rest of my contract I would now only have 250 mb.

Grrrrrr Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
GranandGrumps
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ye well I guess I will just have to go down that line.

You can't just let these big companies walk all over you without at least putting up a fight.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi GranandGrumps,

Thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry that there's been a problem with changing your mobile tariff and that you've not received a satisfactory response when raising this issue with us.

I can't access your live account, but this looks like the original offer is no longer available, so our agents haven't been able to revert you back to the original tariff. Our tariff offers are fluid and change regularly. 

I would like to look into this further for you so that I can review this for you. I'll need to take more information from you, so I'll send you a private message. If you would like for us to look into this for you further, please click on the envelope icon at the top right of this page and respond to the pm I've sent.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Terri_P said:
"I can't access your live account, but this looks like the original offer is no longer available, so our agents haven't been able to revert you back to the original tariff. Our tariff offers are fluid and change regularly. "

That is what I can't understand, when someone takes out a contract/Freestyle they are advertised/told/sold that they can move between the tarrifs offered at that time the contract is taken out for the remainder of their contract, but a few months down the line the tarrifs have been withdrawn and they are left with no tarrif options available. There has got to be some miss-selling grounds somewhere for these people.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
GranandGrumps
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much but I managed to get through to someone on the Virgin FB page who has made things easier for me. 

0 Kudos
GranandGrumps
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I have had a response and help from Virgin via their FB page. Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos